I Saw Lucy

Mira

The medicine wasn't working that much. I still felt weak and I got really skinny that my bones were starting to make an appearance.

Sheria came but her magic hasn't done anything yet to me. She healed Mavis perfectly but...for me, it didn't work.

I feel like dying. But that's okay. Because if I die, Lucy will come back.

She will come back and live happily with her family. I smile at the thought. Her smiling with Natsu while the twins play around at their house that Cana and Levy built is such a nice imagination.

I want them to be happy again. I don't want to see sad tears and hear screams of pain.

Why can't everything go back to the happier days?

"Mira...Mira! Hey! Don't you dare give up on me! Do you understand!? Don't you dare just die on me!" Jenny says, and I smile sadly at her.

"J-Jenny...there's no cure for what Lisanna injected me with. It's pointless to keep suffering like this. It's a disease that cannot be cured." I said, my voice raspy and harsh.

"N-No! I'm not going to let you die, Mira! Not now! Not ever!"

"Jenny...I have little magic right now. I'm going...to poison myself to die–"

"No, you're not!! I won't let you, Mira!"

"I-If you're not going to let me, then why don't you just kill me? I'm tired of feeling sick." I said, getting frustrated.

End my misery. Why would I keep trying if there's no cure!?

"N-No..."

"Do it!! End my suffering now! Please!"

Jenny trembles, tears falling down her cheeks. She grabs my arm and I smile.

She's going to cast a spell.

"Mira...you're an amazing friend. Thank you for everything you have done. I really appreciate it. I love you. You're like an older sister to me, you know? I hope we get to see each other again...okay?"

I nodded, tears falling down my cheeks.

"Mhm. Thank you, Jen. I love you, too."

She smiles and closes her eyes. Jenny didn't let go of my hand. She was muttering a spell.

A peaceful death. I always wanted that.

Sadly, I didn't get that. I was sick and died because of that. The sickness wanted me to die...and so I listened.

My heart was slowly beating and the air escaped my lungs in a blink of an eye.

I close my eyes and let my soul leave my body. But, it felt like I didn't die. It felt like I was just unconscious.

I wake up again. But this time, I wasn't with Jenny in my room. I was at a beautiful cherry tree-forest.

I look down and I was wearing a white dress. My hair was nicely done, a white flower crown around my head.

"What? Where am I? Is this...Heaven or–"

"Mira?"

I gasped, almost bursting into tears after hearing that familiar voice. I slowly turn around, tears flowing in my eyes.

"No way..." I muttered, covering my lips with my two hands in a gesture of shock.

"Mira...it's been such a long time!"