The King of Hell

Natsu

Dear Diary,

It's been a year since I left. 

I haven't seen my family and my friends. But it was all to protect them.

"Pfff, you're still writing in that notebook of yours?" Zeref asks, drinking a glass of bourbon.

I shake my head a little and continued writing down on my diary.

I hope I get to see Lucy and the twins. I wonder if the twins even know who I am. Probably not.

They probably think that they don't have a father.

"Aww. We writing our emotions now, huh? Need a hug, brother?" Zeref teases.

"Zeref, can you please just leave me alone? I would like some alone time with myself only." I said.

"Yikes. I'm sorry, brother. Tell you what, I'll let you visit your family and friends for one day. Sounds good?"

"Just one day? Why can't it be forever? For how long are you gonna keep me captive?"

"Until you start to break down in depression and feel so lonely that you go madly insane and go on a killing spree." Zeref says, smiling.

"Fine...one day it is." I said, shutting my notebook.

"Good. Just tell me when you're leaving."

Zeref turns his back on me, refilling up his cup with bourbon.

"I'll leave tomorrow at 1:00. Possibly gonna stay the night over at my house." I said, getting up from my chair.

"You're seriously gonna leave your older brother alone in the house?"

I nodded, not seeing anything bad with it.

"Awesome! Maybe that'll give me time to interact with...Igneel."

"Igneel? What? How will you interact with Igneel? He's dead. He died in a fire." I said, getting suspicious.

"Or did he? He used to be the King of Hell, Natsu. Fire won't harm him."

"W-What? I saw him die in front of my eyes, Zeref!! Gray and me!"

"Did you even know that he was a demon? He wasn't human at all, Natsu. Wow, our parents really kept secrets from you and Gray."

"Why would he pretend to die?"

"He wanted his enemy to know that he died so he would stop going after his family, which is you, Gray, and Mom. Igneel did it to protect us."

"Who was his enemy?"

He smirks and points at himself.

"Me."

"What!? How could you be his enemy!? You're his son!"

"It didn't matter to me if Igneel and I were blood related. He abandoned me and I have no love for him anymore. So I threatened him that I'll come after Mom, Gray, and you. Afterwards, I got the news that Igneel died. I was laughing! I didn't think that he was dead. And I was right. A couple of years went by and I saw him as a business man. I decided to keep him captive for two years and after that, I let him go 'cause I was tired of him. Now, we have business to attend about certain things." Zeref explained.