Sleep Tight, Lucy

Mira

The next day, we all prepared ourselves to say our goodbyes to Lucy.

We decided to put Lucy inside a coffin and let her rest at a small church.

But, we won't bury her nor burn her. We will all be patient and wait for her return.

I told the twins that their mother would be asleep for 100 years. There's no point in hiding it from them since they are pretty smart and will probably catch on soon.

They cried but accepted the fate of their beloved mother.

Women wear white while men wear black. It is an honor for peace, illumination, protection, and safety.

"Ahem. May the first 5 people come. Mira, Romeo, Aquarius, and the two twins, make a line. We will all take turns to say our goodbyes to Lucy. Mira, do as you must." Erza says, giving me a nod.

I smile but it faded away. I breathe in and out and grab Lucy's hand.

I close my eyes and I suddenly enter into a new world.

I was back at my cabin in the woods. I look around and I smile. I'm so coming back here again.

I forgot how beautiful the view of the lake was! The sunset's reflection on the water is just so gorgeous.

Suddenly, my eyes get blocked by two hands and I smile.

"Guess who?"

Oh, I know that familiar female voice from anywhere!

"Lucy!"

She removes her hands and I turn around, giving her a tight hug.

We giggle as we hug tightly, as if we have never seen each other in ages.

"I miss you so much." I said, feeling the waterworks coming.

"Me too! Ugh, sucks that I have to be away for so long. 100 years is a lot." Lucy says, breaking the hug.

"Yeah, and $100 is a little bit." I said, chuckling.

"Yeah. But...I hate to break it to you, but your time is running. Any last words to me, Mira?" Lucy asks, and I gasp.

"I barely got here...uh, anyways! Lucy, I will miss you so much and I will find a way to get you back. I promise. Thank you so much for what you have done for me and everyone. I love you so much and I wish you the best being asleep, I guess!" I said, laughing at the end as small tears appear in my eyes.

"I love you too, Mira. Take care of my kids as if they were yours. Okay?" She says, giving me a hug.

"Yeah...I will."

She suddenly starts to disappear on me again and that's when my tears fall.

I open my eyes and gasped, going back to reality.

"Did you see her?" Erza asks, and I nodded, smiling.

"Yes. I did. We communicated with each other...but it was in such a short time." I said, putting her hand back to her stomach.

"At least you got to say your goodbyes." Erza says, comforting me.

I nodded and turned around, looking at Aquarius, Romeo, and the twins.

"Go ahead you two. I'll keep an eye on the twins." I said, and Aquarius nodded.

I get out of the way and I grab Max and Luna's hands, watching as Aquarius and Romeo grab Lucy's hands.

***

Aquarius

Romeo and I enter into another world and it was at a waterfall.

I smile. Layla would usually bring Romeo and Lucy here when they were small.

"Where is she?" Romeo asks, looking around.

I gasp, spotting Lucy sitting down on a rock, writing things down on her diary.

"There she is." I said, walking toward her.

Romeo runs and that catches Lucy's attention.

"I knew you two were next." She says, smiling.

Lucy gets up and hugs Romeo tightly.

"Hi, big sis. I miss you so much." Romeo says, and I smile.

"Me too. But, I promise you that I'll be back before you know it. Okay?"

"Hmh...yeah, okay."

They break the hug and Lucy turns to me, spreading her arms wide open.

"Come here, you!"

I give her a hug and kiss her head, taking advantage of this moment.

"I miss you so much, Lucy. I can't wait for you to come back."  I said, breaking the hug.

"I do too. God, I just want to be back at home like the old days when every Friday, we would have three boxes of pizza and tons of junk food." She says, and we chuckle.

"When you're back, the three of us will bring that back." Romeo says.

"Yeah. Anyways, any last words?"

"We love you, Lucy. Always and forever."

"For eternity." She says, and she disappears softly with the wind.

I open my eyes and noticed that I went back to reality.

I look at Romeo and we smile.

"Alright, twins. You're next to see Mommy." I said, getting out of the way.

The two twins nodded and grab Lucy's hands. They close their eyes and I can sense that they went to another world.

TO BE CONTINUED  IN CHAPTER 11:

Sleep Tight, Lucy Part II