Chapter 28 || Chiaramonte

Me and David stared at each other for some time until he broke the silence. "You're making me confused..."

     "You don't really have to understand. It's better for both of us if you'd just forget," I whispered then spun around on my heels back.

     He doesn't like me.

     Something soft and warm touched my neck. His thumb traced my chin and he brought his face to my earlobe.

     "Stupid woman," he beathily said.

     I rolled my eyes. He seriously cannot go through a minute without insulting me, can he?

     Even though my face was scrunched up in what looks to be displeasure, I was happy. My chest felt warm when he touched me and I felt comfortable, I like this. I want to stay like this.

     But is that okay? We're on different sides. He's suppose to be my enemy. So why. Why must I like him? This stupid idiotic guy who loves to get on my nerves.

     For now, I decided to let that all go. I don't care about anything anymore. All I knew is that, I like him.

     And if I'm right, he might just hate me a little less too, faintly.

     I'm a mess right now. After that failure and that unknown number, what could get worse?

     Me telling him that I like him?

     Never.

     Well, not until I've achieved my goal.

     For now, I'll just forget.

     "Thanks..." I whispered which he somehow did not hear. Jerk.

     I straightened my back, energy slowly seeping back into me.

     Without any other words, I turned back into the house.

***

     "THAT'S NOT DISH SOAP YOU IDIOT!" Bryce yanked back the toothpaste from Tyler in a fluster.

     "Bubbub?" Tyler smirked goofily then fainted.

     Wow, what a thing to wake up to.

     "Fucking idiot. This is what happens if you drink too much," Bryce flung Tyler's arm around his shoulders then lifted him up.

     Please say they'll one day get married, I ship them so hard right now.

     Bryce stumbled a few times and Tyler face planted against the hard wood a couple times and kicked Bryce in the face but other than that it's romantic.

     Kinda...

     The phone in my pocket rung again but I decided to ignore it. I don't want a message from "unknown" to kill my mood again.

     Xavier walked into the room with a couple of documents then layed them out on the table where Bryce gave up and dumped Tyler on with a look of irritation. "Damn," he grabbed his hair.

     I peeked over his shoulders to look at the call log of our customers. Except, there was no numbers, just "X's". "Somebody tampered them..."

     I grabbed a sheet then flip it over to examine the back. The same thing. "Um, did you forget to type up their numbers?" I suggested.

     He glared at me. "No I'm not that dumb! Somebody hacked us Emma!"

     I nodded, not really sure of what to say.

     But who would hack into a computer then delete all the phone numbers? It can't be the cops, right? Besides we would've been toast if that happened.

     "It's probably an error or we just need a new printer," I shrugged at him, trying to lighten up the mood.

     He shook his head. "It can't be..." Xavier examined the paper carefully before pulling his phone out and typing something in.

     Chiaramonte

     "What's that?" I asked. The word seemed unfamiliar to me but somehow there were many articles written about it and from I can see, they're not good.

     I can see Xavier and Bryce both look at each other in silence. Despite their dumb personalities, they're actually being serious about this, and that worries me.

     "There's this mafia up north," Xavier began. "They've never really been a problem to us, but I think they're making their move now because of our increasing income."

     "Mafia? Aren't we in America?" They looked at me like I was dumb but I'm generally confused. I'm even surprised there's another group.

     Xavier pulled out one of the articles. "Mafia's and gangs are the same thing. There's a lot of Mafia's in America, Emma," he showed it to me and I couldn't help but feel a little intimated by the crimes they've committed.

     Yes. We're pretty bad ourselves, smuggling illegal drugs and stealing but they had caused a frightening amount of murders, even more than us and Aaron's East gang combined. There wasn't any recent activities however, until now.

     The last thing I read made my breath slow down. Their signature mark is an "X".

     I might not be as smart in criminal thinking but at least I can deduce this much on my own: they're picking a fight with us.

     Though we really aren't known for losing.

     Let the games begin.

_________

Hey guys I'm back! Sorry this is short I'm still trying to get back in the grooves of things and had to read my whole story again because I literally forgot from being gone for so long lol.

Anyways, I'm starting a new arc. I hope it'll be interesting and I've put a lot of thought into this one so I think it'll be pretty good:)

I might make another version of this book because I didn't really know what my 13 year old self was thinking when I wrote this but I'll for sure keep this up!
Or I might not remake it cause life rip

Anyways I'm glad to be back... Have a good day!

Blossomwings out ✌