Chapter 18 || Just a nobody

It's been a month since I've gone home. Things had started to calm down since father was so furious of what happened. As for Aaron and David, I haven't seen them since then. I've joined my father's gang for punishment and it was complete hell.

Tonight, me, Tanner, and Xavier were suppose to sneak some illegal drugs to a customer that's going to pay loads.

Totally not looking forward to it at all.

I flipped my hair back into a high ponytail and slipped on a black hooded pullover and leather shorts topped off with knee-high boots. I kinda feel like a ninja right now. Hiding a gun in my pullover pocket (Because I was forced to) I went down to meet up with the others.

They both looked ready and seemed to be waiting for me. I shrugged. "Gotta blend in with the night."

"You look beautiful as always lady," Tanner smiled.

"Okay we're already late so we should leave now," Xavier pushed is both out of the house then led the way.

He's always the mature one.

We closed the door behind us then walked down the side walk. The night was eerie and cold, it sent shivers up my spine. It was complete silence. No one knew what to talk about most likely. I heaved a sigh, "hey, are we there yet?"

"Almost, "Xavier said, leading the way down the street.

"Lady, if you're too tired I can carry you," Tanner grinned innocently.

I blushed.

"No I'm fine," I turned down his offer.

I wonder how that man is doing right now? I'm not gonna lie, he's all I can think about. His face is crammed into my mind, I wonder what'll look like if he'd smile. That's probably impossible knowing how stuck up he can be at times, like a grumpy pig that hasn't eaten anything in a month. If he isn't stoned face all the time, maybe he could look decent.

My hands gripped the gun in my pocket. I'm so tempted to just chuck it away somewhere or throw it down a sewer, but I can't.

"Hey!" Xavier suddenly exclaimed.

We were in an alleyway.

A man much older than us ran up to us with a mischievous smile. Oh God...

"Are you?..." a low voice rumbled.

"Yes mister," Tanner took out a small yellow bag. "Where's our payment?"

The man slyly slipped the money into Tanner's pocket. Tanner handed him the bag then the man waved as his body slowly disappeared and gets consumed into the darkness.

"So that's, that. Let's go home," I spun around then a familiar noise came from down the road.

Sirens.

My heart stopped. What the hell, such great timing! I panicked looked at Tanner who was loading his gun. I took a double take at him then my face went pale. "Tanner?"

"I knew it," he sighed. "Go, I'll take care of them."

I opened my mouth to protest but pain spiked from my wrist then my body was pulled. "Come on," Xavier said, pulling me away.

I wanted to stop but he was too strong.

We were both sprinting at full power, please Tanner, make it out! The gun suddenly grew cold in my pocket, no! Do not use it!

"You're quite hesitant for someone who shot their ex," Xavier chuckled as if knowing my thoughts.

"P-please don't bring that up! I was blinded with rage," I huffed irritated.