Chapter 25 || It's raining, it's pouring

We slowly got up from our seats, trying our best not to draw attention. It was almost unbelievable that we're doing this. I've never been on a mission this important before.

     When I think about it, how am I suppose to find one single person among a thousand people? I don't even know what Evelyn looks like. For I know she could be some in debt crazy person. We seriously should have prepared more...

     Someone knocked into my shoulders so hard that I nearly tumbled over. "O-oops," I said unconsciously.

     He only glanced at me for a split second before turning away. He looked awfully shady.

     "Emma!" Tyler whispered hurriedly.

     Giving the man one last look, I left. A chill ran down my spine. We have until midnight.

     Tyler, Bryce and I took different directions once there was a turning hall. One leads to the outer layer of the first level. The second and third leads to a different level of balcony. I took the bottom floor route. The pressure is on.

     I looked from side to side, trying to find someone to fit my description of "Evelyn". It came to the point where I don't even know what I'm looking for anymore. No one here looks like an in debt crazy person, they're all so beautiful that it hurts comparing them to myself. Tall, curvy, gorgeous, yeah, not me.

     I've lost count to how many times I've sighed. Should I just yell out "Hey, Isaac Anderson's daughter! Come out!" and point the gun that I've hid up on my thigh strap to them and probably get sent to jail?

     The same scenery over and over again, my eyes got bored just starting at the same thing and people.

     Why did I take on this mission?

     By the looks of it, it's not like I'm going to find her for quite some time now. Haha, just wonderful. Waiting is making me slowly die. Can I die now? I'm dying.

     Even my legs are tired now. I've walked for an hour and still nothing shady. Well, except that scary person, but I doubt his name is "Evelyn".

     Clink clack clink clack.

     Am I being followed?

     More footsteps.

     I glanced the area around me but I see no one.

     Again, footsteps.

     I turned around again to face a nervous girl. Her hair as red as fire and eyes that shined like glass. As soon as I saw her, a weird churning feeling was circling in my stomach, there's something about her, like I've met her before.

     "Um so, how long has this event gone for?"

     It's her.

     "I mean, I'm just trying to...Anyways, do you by chance know any famous scientist like Victor Frankenstein?" She laughed awkwardly while asking me.

     It has to be her.

     "Your name?"

     'Evelyn'.

     "Oh heh yeah I'm Evelyn Anderson, so nervous that I've actually forgot my name!" She grinned goofily.

     Ah, yes. I know very well who you are.

     "Come with me," I nodded my head towards Bryce's hallway entry near the back where it's away from the balcony.

     "Ahaha... Pardon?"

     "I'm actually a fan of your fathers, I've seen him just the other day," I lied.

     Her eyes widened. "Really? You saw him?"

     I nodded again then led the way.

     Once we were away from the crowd where there are no cameras, I slipped a hand into my thigh strap then pulled out my gun, aiming it on her forehead. "Oh, I'll tell you everything, come with me and you won't get hurt."

     "Y-y-you... Are you going to shoot me?" Evelyn looked dazed and confused, a slight disappointment showing on her face. Can she not comprehend the kind of situation she's in? If it were me, oh boy I'll kick that gun out of my hands and run for it.

     I smirked, the corner of my lips curving upwards just a little. "It's raining, it's pouring..." I started.

     She shook her head to clear her mind then bolted down the halls.

     "The old man's snoring." I turned the corner, her fire hair fluttered like a flashlight, leading my way from the dark.
     "He got into bed." Evelyn huffed, her breathing was loud and heard clear. I took slow yet loud steps.

     "And bumped his head." I chased her into a stunned looking Bryce who immediately gripped her wrist.

      I approached, a hand reaching up to my hair and pulled the elastic out. Bobby pins and butterfly clips toppled onto the ground, echoing through the halls.

     "And couldn't get up in the morning~" I ran a hand through my hair then raised my gun again. Her eyes quivered and her breath became shorter. "Don't worry, I won't shoot you," I told her sweetly with a hint of kindness. "You are a little bunny who's been captured by big bad wolves. The wolves are hungry, so if the bunny doesn't resist, the wolves may show mercy."

     Bryce called Tyler over on his phone as Evelyn fell onto her knees, shaking. A million questions are probably racing through her head but she has no strength to ask any of them. She shook.

     "Now all the bunny has to do is behave before she gets eaten." I crouched down to her, grinning. Evil is not really my thing but man, this feels exciting.

     "Miss bunny, now you follow us," I spoked to her.

     Bryce yanked her up by the arm then dragged her towards a window when suddenly...

     Bang.

     And I was right that he was shady. A bullet was shot through the window by the very person who I've met earlier. His gun steamed as he pointed it at me. His eyes itself shot bullet. "Evelyn Anderson, daughter of Isaac Anderson, creator of the ZZX."

     "I'm getting kidnapped here, no need to advertise me!" She wailed.

     The man pulled the trigger then shot Bryce on the arm. He shrieked. Evelyn was able to break free from his grip then sprinted away with all the strength she has left.

     "Now, Emma Grave, shall we dance?"

     I grumbled then aimed my gun at him. What is this?

~~

Hey hey hey friends!

I'm finally updating more often! :D

So, Evelyn is found :o

Have a mysterious day!

Blossomwings out ✌