Chapter 23 || I think I like you

Listen to this cute song while reading! ^^

     "And then Darren's like..."

     So, yeah.

     Aria and I have been hanging out like normal teenagers would. She came over today, not that I invited her. She just Kindof followed me home like a lost kitten. Thank God dad and the organization is gone to speak to a dealer.
     "Why don't they fucking trust me already," David hissed at me like it's my fault.

     Aria tilted her head in confusion. She may not have said it but I know what's she's thinking.

     "He's just my dumb brother," I lied, a little bit disgusted.

     David's jaw dropped down to his feet. I glared at him, telling him to play along and he just scoffed at me irritatingly. "Yup. Sister."

     We both gave each other death stares as Aria just looks between us with a baffled look plastered on her face.

     "Um, so, David is it?" Aria said awkwardly, trying to ease the tension between us.

     David glanced at her for a split second then stalked away. Seriously, why is he always so grumpy. He can be the next grumpy cat. I bet if you put their pictures side by side and compare them, they'll be identical.

     "Don't mind him, he's always this grouchy. I have to watch him for the time being so please bear with me," I explained to her in the most normal sounding way I can. She nodded in understanding. Success?

     "So anyways about Darren..." she rambled on and on about him in the most sweetest way. Not gonna lie, I think she's obsessed. Then again, is that what a normal teenager is like?

     "Aria, if you like him so much, just ask him out already," I told her.

     Her face glowed beet red to her ears. Did I hit the nail? "l-like, Darren? Me?!" she exclaimed as if she herself doesn't know.

     You're joking right?

     She shook her hand frantically. "No way..."

     Yeah, sure.

     "But what's with David and you, he's not really your brother right? Is he your boyfriend?" She asked him, slightly nudging me.

     Oh boy.

     "No," I said flatly and she rolled her eyes.

     "Emma, have you seen the way he looks at you? It's like the way I look at food."

     With David, I can't really tell either if he likes me or dislikes me. He glares at me, yells at me, and doesn't even call me by my name but at the same time he blushes and acts shy and defensive.

     But I however...

     "It doesn't matter either if I like him or not. Actually, I'm not even in the position to like him. He's on an entirely other level than me that I can never meet." I lolled my head back to look up at my ceiling. We're, on opposite sides.

     She sighed. "That's not true. When you like someone, it really doesn't matter."

     But I don't like him.

     Definitely don't...

     But...

     "Aweh Emma, you're blushing," she pulled on my cheek as she cooed.

     "I..." I started, but no words come out.

     To "love" someone, how does that feel? I've loved someone before but that was fake. I'm not sure what even is real anymore. At this point, I'm just confusing what's real and not.