Chapter 26 || Escape

The man aimed his gun at me through cold intimating eyes. Why is he getting involved in this?

     I gritted my teeth angrily at him. He however had no emotion on his face. He stared at me blankly, even blanker than a wooden plank. But even if he was blank, something beneath his expression was sad.

     Shrugging off my thoughts, I rolled my eyes at him. "So, are we going to dance or what?"

     He shook his head too then —

     Boom.

     I looked down only to see no blood at all.

     Instead, my gun started to fall apart.

     He shot my gun, hitting a perfect bull's-eye. How is that possible? Never in my life have I seen something like this. My hands shook. Not from the fear of almost dying, but the fact that he actually have skills. It surprised me. If he wanted, he could've killed me at any second, but instead he darted away to the direction of Evelyn.

     Is he a bodyguard or something?

     Does he want her too? Or rather, the ZZX?

     "Julian! Dunce!"

     "Don't call me dunce!" Tyler whined then ran along side me and Bryce. I can't hand her over to him. There's no way I'm doing that.

     I can see his back as he raced forward. I can tell from his posture that he's determined. This makes me even more annoyed. The ZZX is mine. Do you know how hard it is to run in this dress? I just want to rip it off. I would do it in a heartbeat, if I have clothes in underneath that is.

     The sound of masses of footsteps approached from behind us. Have we been found out? Then I remembered, Tanner was able to hack into the cameras but that doesn't mean we were completely unseen. This is a grand event, patrolers were bound to see us.

     Why now? I'm in the middle of a flippin chase.

     I cursed under my breath then threw my heel into the window, shattering it into pieces. "They're gonna catch us," I told the two, looking towards the broken window.

      They both had a look of confliction then gave in.

     I placed a foot on the rim then gulped while looking down. I'll die if I jump...

     Bryce placed his arms behind my knees and back then scooped me up. Wait, he's not gonna do what I think he's gonna do...?

     Well of course he just leaped to another railing like it was nothing. I on the other hand was so scared that I could faint. All the blood drained from my face.

     I can tell that he's nervous too by how fast his heart was beating. That makes me even more nervous.

     I peeked behind his back to see Tyler wobbling behind us. When he caught my eye, he only smiled cheekily.

     We got to hurry!

     Railing to railing, we slowly made our way to the emergency stairs. Don't look down Emma, we're almost there!

     Shouting was heard and more footsteps and people begin to run out one by one with black suits.

     We have to hurry!

     Please, please, don't see us.

     My heart pounded at an incredible speed, pounded so hard that it started to even hurt.

     Suddenly air sliced past my face.

     Did we fall?

     The impact on my side was hard by from the feel of this, we're not on the ground yet. It's metal. The stairs.

     I shot up in relief then waited for Tyler and Bryce to get up. They both looked as if they were in pain. Well, to be honest, I think that'll Bryce would be in more pain right now, he shielded my body from getting hit directedly.

     Grabbing their wrist, I yanked them up. "I know it hurts, but for now we have to escape."

     We don't have time to rest, the quicker we leave, the better.

     I glared at the building before me. Evelyn, I'll be back. Until then, wait for me. I'll steal you back from that man. I wouldn't hurt a hair from your head. Instead, I'll break you until you tell me everything.

     Little bunny, the wolves will always be after you.

     I pulled Tyler and Bryce along with me down the stairs, careful not to drop them or trip.

     The ground slowly became closer and closer. Yes, just a little more. "Hey Tyler, give Xavier a call to give us a lift," I told him. Bryce is in bad shape so Tyler should be able to give a call instead of him. Xavier should be waiting by the parking lot to pick us up.

     Tyler rolled his eyes then slipped his phone out. He dialed the number quickly then held the phone up against his ear. The conversation last for only a couple seconds then we began to descend lower down.

     We hopped the last couple of steps then ran for it as people slowly started to notice it.

     A black van rushed towards us then stopped next to us in a heap. I yanked the door open then shoved the two idiots into there with sweat beading up on my forehead.

     "Did you fail?" Xavier whined.

     "There was a complication..." I reluctantly told him.

     Xavier sighed then stepped on the peddle, sending us darting forward. I could tell that he was angry just from the vibe.

     I looked back to see people staring at a daze at us as we quickly descended forward.

     What a bummer.

     Looks like we'll have to try other methods.

~~

Hay hay hay chick peas!

So, what a bummer T.T BUT DON'T FRET BECAUSE THERE'S MOAR!

Have a mochitastic day!

Blossomwings out ✌