Chapter 24 || Classy

At last this long week has finally came to a close, it's finally Friday. The moment we've all been looking for. Time to go hunting.

Bryce and Tyler were already dressed up finely, ready for the undercover mission to dinner Isaac Anderson's daughter. I on the other hand don't even know what the heck to wear. A dress, yeah. But what one? I don't really wear dresses often - in fact - I think the only time I really wore a dress was at Aaron's house for dinner. It came to the point where I literally just grabbed something out of my closet and slid it on. Dresses are uncomfortable and I don't have quite the body for it either considering I'm flat as a board...

David had been non stop glaring at me for not letting him tag along. Now's not the right time, he still hasn't proved us that he's trustworthy. The only reason I think that David is still here is because of quick access to information when there's an emergency. He must not know of Evelyn just yet. I actually don't hate leaving him behind at home, the way he makes breakfast, flipping those pancakes with a pouty face was really adorable I can hardly take it.

I laughed at him while he pouts with his back facing towards me. What is he, a child?

"You can skip breakfast, no more pancake batter," He mumbled flatly, stuffing his face with the pancake that he just made.

I grinned.

He blushed.

"Y-you seem different," he stammered. "I mean, you never really smile like that with me."

"Well what do you expect? Shouting death threats all the time," I hissed at him, making him take two steps back.

"Just, why couldn't I come along? I swear I will shoot you if you keep keeping me in here in this cage," he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Ah those threats~" I sang.

David held up the streaming frying pan above his head. "You piss me off!"

I felt a sharp pain in my chest as he said that, my eyes drooped downwards then I slid off my chair.

"I'll take my leave," I told him quietly.

Something cold hit my shoulders and I quickly caught them before they fell.

"Eat those if you don't want to starve to death," David looked at me sharply but despite his harsh words, the little strawberries that are packed neatly into a bag carried the weight of his tiny spec of kindness.

My cheeks heated up as I realized that this was my breakfast from him. He ate my pancake so he gave me this instead. Does he care? My face felt hotter and warmer.

"Tomato woman..." he grumbled, taking off his apron and leaving the kitchen.

Tanner is in charge of David because he offered. I'm a little worried because David can literally run like the wind.

"Hey yo Emma!" Bryce called me, telling me that it's time.

"Coming!" I yelled back, running towards them.

I wore a pinkish white dress that had the appearance of class and social status and my hair was in a messy bun with tiny white fake butterflies in it. If I want to sneak in, I'm going to have to look like I belong.

Tyler strucked his thumb up in satisfaction. "You look A-class."

"So your name for the time being is Alexandria Morris, small time actress. Mine is Julian Moran and Tyler is Jacob Dunce, we're able to hack into the list and put our names down," Bryce told us before we head into the van.

"Wait, why am I Jacob Dunce?" Tyler complained.

"First name I thought of when I think of you."