chapter 32

"This is your fault! This wouldn't happen if you didn't open your mouth and told him everything!" -Mrs. Dixon 

BLAKE's POV

"Mom, can you please enlighten me? I can't take this anymore. I am so tired of all this" Enrique said pleadingly. My mom squeezed her eyes shut for good 3 seconds before she continued.

"Don't you dare!" Mrs. Dixon threatened but my mom ignored her.

"Your mom....and my husband were lovers when we were in college. Christina and I were best friends. Everyone in our batch thought that they would end up together because they were inseparable and even I, witnessed it. But after graduation, Christina met your father, Julio. Christina dumped Gregory just like that and chose Julio instead. 

Being her best friend, I couldn't accept what she did to Gregory and when I confronted her, we had an argument which led us to be in our separate ways. I've loved Gregory even before they had a relationship but I kept it to myself because I didn't want to hurt Christina.

Gregory begged Christina to come back to him but she didn't. Julio and Christina got married. Gregory couldn't accept the fact that Christina didn't chose him. I was there for him during those times and then we developed a relationship that ended up into a marriage. 

I thought everything was okay and he already forgot everything that happened. We lived like a normal couple for how many years until one day, I discovered that they got back together. Blake was in her sophomore year when I discovered that.

Of course, I got hurt. I didn't tell you Blake because I didn't want to hurt you too. Remember that time when your father and I almost had a divorce? It was that time. I was determined then to continue with the divorce but he begged me not to. He didn't want to because I threatened him not to see us anymore. He didn't want to separate with me because of you.He promised me that he would stop seeing Christina. I agreed.

But it looked like it wasn't over yet because Gregory discovered that Christina was carrying their child. Gregory begged me to see Christina one more time to ask her if the baby was his. Even though I was hurting, I agreed. 

Christina denied about the paternity of the baby but Gregory wasn't convinced at all so he threatened Christina that he would speak to Julio and tell about their forbidden relationship if she won't tell him who the father is. She confirmed that it was his but after a month or so, Christina lost the baby.

She was claiming that she had a miscarriage but Gregory wasn't convinced at all. He thought Christina hated the baby that's why there was a big possibility that she intentionally got rid of it. Gregory almost went ballistic when he learned what happened. He vowed that he would make Christina pay but I didn't thought that he would really do it.

6 months later, he did the unthinkable. He really took his revenge but not on Christina but through her children, you and your sister. I didn't learn all these until Christina and Julio reopened the case and discovered that the one who did it was Gregory. But that wasn't the end of it. 

When Gregory discovered your relationship that time, he insisted for us to go to Colorado. We met Christina and Julio again. Christina offered us money in exchange for making sure that Blake wouldn't see Enrique again but we didn't accept the money. Instead, Gregory forced Blake to break-up with you Enrique because he hated your family, especially your parents.

After you two separated, your parents reopened the case and that was the time they discovered that what happened to you and your sister wasn't accident at all. Of course, your parents were furious. They put Gregory in jail. But the biggest secret exploded when Christina visited Gregory and told him that he killed his own flesh and blood. Jasmin is his daughter. When Gregory learned the painful truth, he killed himself"