chapter 28

A/N: Hold on tight guys! This story is about to end!

 "I'm sorry Angel eyes. I was an ass yesterday. I shouldn't have left you. I just needed to breathe some air but when I was outside and alone, I realized that I was stupid I should've stayed with you and confided about how I feel to you. I'm really sorry"- Enrique 

BLAKE's POV

I looked at Enrique beside me. He had been so quiet since we left their house. Even though his eyes were closed, I knew how much troubled he was. His eye brows were creased with his head leaning back on the head rest. We're on the plane going back to New York.

I reached for his hand and intertwined our fingers together. I leaned my head on his shoulder. I could feel how tensed he was. I heaved a sigh. I felt guilty. I felt like I was the one who caused all these and now, Mrs. Dixon and Enrique are not in good terms.

Until now, I still couldn't believe what happened before we left the Dixon's mansion....

"Leave and I'll forget that you're my son Quen" Enrique automatically stopped walking and looked back to his mother who was so angry. Enrique and I were so shocked of what Mrs. Dixon just said. I looked at Enrique and I almost gasped when I saw his angry eyes staring to his mother but after a couple of seconds, his eyes became sad and at the same time disappointed.

"Why are you doing this mom? I don't understand you anymore. Please don't give me a reason to get mad at you because I don't want to. You're my mom and I respect you but don't do this to me. I am your son. I didn't do anything wrong as far as I know to deserve this"

"I am doing this because I love you Quen. You are my son and I want the best for you. That woman is not the right one for you! She doesn't deserve you! Why don't you consider Brianna? She told me she would accept your child if you choose to marry her" Enrique shook his head with disbelief.

"I'm sorry mom. I already told you, I love Blake. We'll go ahead"

"What? You're going to choose this woman over me, your mom?" He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration with his jaw flexed.

"Yes mom. I'm sorry but as I've told you, I love her. I hope you'll accept her one day because whether you like it or not, I will marry her" even though his mom was very mad, Enrique still kissed her forehead before we went upstairs to get out things.

After we packed our clothes, we went back downstairs. Mrs. Dixon was nowhere to be found while Mr. Dixon was sitting on the sofa. His face was serious and at the same time, sad. He looked like he knew what happened a while ago. When he saw us with our suitcases, he stood up.

"Son, I hope you're not mad at your mom" Enrique heaved a sigh.

"I don't know what to think anymore dad but I am not angry. I-I am just disappointed and confused" He admitted. His father's eyes clouded with an unreadable emotion.

"I understand son. I'm sorry you're vacation here had to end up like this" He said apologetically and hugged Enrique.

"Please take care of Enrique, Blake" He said. I nodded and smiled faintly.

PRESENT

When we arrived at his penthouse, Enrique was still quiet. When the night time came, we ate our dinner together but I felt like he was not with me the whole time. He was brooding. I tried to initiate a conversation with him but he was just answering my questions with monosyllable words. He looked like he wasn't in the mood to talk about anything so I just kept quiet.