chapter 40

"I-I'm sorry, Angel eyes. I know I can't take back what had happened but I am here to help you heal. Please, forgive me for failing you, for leaving you that time and hurting you. Please, don't leave me" -Enrique 

ENRIQUE's POV

I stared at the bouquet of flowers I bought. It's so beautiful, just like the woman whom I'd like to give it to. I just hope that she would accept it. A faint smile formed across my lips and just continued driving.

When I arrived home, I was surprised to see Kelly at the gate. She looks like she's waiting for someone.

After I parked my car, I approached her.

"Beautiful bouquet. I just hope this'll make her happy" She commented as she gazed at the bouquet of flowers in my hand. I chuckled humorlessly.

"I hope so. Why are you here anyway? Why don't you go up and see her?"

"I already came from there" She answered with a sad expression on her face.

"How was she when she saw you?" I asked softly, expecting for a change.

"You know what, before I went here to see her, I was expecting a positive change. But I guess, I expected too much" She said as she smiled bitterly. I could see the tears starting to brim her eyes.

I couldn't do or say anything to uplift her spirit so I just stayed quiet. After a couple of seconds, she was the one who spoke first.

"I'll be going now. I'll come again some other time. Please take care of her" I nodded my head in agreement. She then get onto her Harley and then drove pass the gates. I took a deep breath for a couple of times to calm my nerves before I decided to go in.

We're still staying at my penthouse but if my plans work, we would be leaving this place soon.

Upon reaching my unit, I took a deep breath again and then opened the door. The whole place was so silent that I couldn't hear any movement inside. Nobody even greeted me at the door like she used to do before.

My heart clenched. I looked at the time and it was almost 6 pm already. Our household help must have left already.

I went to the kitchen and I was right; our dinner was already prepared. I put the bouquet of flowers on the table and began setting up the table.

When everything's prepared, I picked up the bouquet and slowly stepped towards our room. I slowly twisted the doorknob, making sure not to make any loud noise.

But I began to worry when I didn't see her inside.

"Angel eyes?" I called her and checked the terrace but she wasn't there. I went to the bathroom but she wasn't there either so I decided to look at the walk-in closet. I quickly strode my way there to check for her.

Upon opening the door, I sighed in relief when I saw her there. I was about to approach her when I noticed a suitcase on the floor. She was quietly sitting on the chair while staring at me without a hint of any emotion on her face.

"W-What's the meaning of this, Blake?" My voice faltered. I felt like there was a sudden lump in my throat.

"I'm leaving" My eyes widened and shook my head vigorously.

"No, Blake. You're not leaving me" I said with a stern tone. She glared at me and stood up. She was about to pull the suitcase when I stopped her hand.