chapter 27

A/N: Hello guys! I was going to put this story on hold but i changed my mind because some of you showed interest in this story. I hope you'll continue to support this story because it's already nearing its end! Thank you:)

______♥♥♥_____  

  "Get away from her Quen! She's not worth it! She's just deceiving you!" -Mrs. Dixon 

BLAKE's POV

"I think we should not spoil the dinner and talk about sad things Christina" Mr. Dixon said to his wife. Mrs. Dixon's jaw clenched and looked at me with resentment that made me shivered coldly. Her eyes watered but she didn't let them fall.

"Mom, why are you looking at Blake like that?" Enrique's voice was stern. Instead of answering Enrique's question, she stood up without taking her gaze off me.

"I can't take this anymore. My appetite is gone" She said and walked out of the dining room. I wasn't numb enough not to feel that tension in the air. Enrique became silent and I could see that he was angry.

"I'm sorry about your mom. She's just tired. Just try to understand her. You know she's always like that when she remembers Jasmin" Mr. Dixon said and was about to follow his wife when Enrique spoke.

"Dad, tell me what is the problem once and for all. Is it about Blake? If Blake's not welcome here then it's better for us to leave now. I don't want this to affect her and our baby" Enrique's voice sounded hurt but at the same time with displeasure and disappointment.

"Son, I'm sorry if you feel that way but you don't have to leave right away. I'm sure your mom didn't mean any harm. You know your mom, she will be back to her old self again after sometime"

"Dad, I hope you understand too but I need to protect Blake from her cold treatment. I decided to bring Blake here so that you and mom would meet her because she's my girlfriend and I love her. I thought mom would be happy about the fact that Blake's pregnant but it's the opposite and I am disappointed. I don't see any reason why she acts that way" Mr. Dixon patted Enrique's shoulder.

"Son, don't worry. I'll talk to your mom and shake some sense to her" He said and then followed his wife.

"I'm sorry Angel eyes. I didn't expect this. I thought my mom's going to be happy for us but I guess she's not" He looked at me and I saw different emotions passed through his eyes. I heaved a sigh and scooted over to kiss him on the cheek.

"I'm fine Enrique. Don't worry about me and our baby" I assured him. He encircled me into his arms and hugged me tightly.

"I'll fix this, I promise you that" He whispered to my ear. I just nodded and we stayed like that until I felt my stomach grumbled. I blushed and looked up at Enrique. He was grinning at me.

"I think you must eat more. Our baby's still hungry" I chortled and sat properly on my chair.

"I couldn't eat a while ago because I was uncomfortable. Sorry" His eye brows creased together.

"You don't have to say sorry. If there's anyone who should be sorry, it's me; because I didn't even notice that you were uncomfortable a while ago" His facial expression was like asking for an understanding from me.

"It's okay. Let's just continue eating. I am still famished" I said cheerfully to lift up the mood a little bit and began eating. He chuckled amusedly and joined me. Shortly after that, he was the one feeding me and I did the same to him. We were so happy and the awkward moment that happened before that disappeared from our minds.