chapter 5

"I will give you 5 seconds. I'm tired of waiting for your decision. I have waited for too long. 5.........4..........3"  -Enrique

______♥♥♥_____

BLAKE's POV

I was surprised when I saw Taylor with her husband James in the shop the next day. The look on their faces told me that they had a bad news.

"What happened? I thought you're in Hawaii?" I asked them. They looked into each other before Taylor spoke.

"Blake, somebody offered me to be my business partner in order for the shop not go bankrupt. But he has one condition" She said while looking at me with guilty looking face. She bit her lip before continuing.

"What's his condition?"

"He wants me to fire you" I gasped in shock.

"Why is that? Who's this guy anyway?" I asked her exasperatedly.

"Mr. Enrique Dixon" Upon hearing the name, I stormed out of the shop and got in my car. I drove for at least 30 minutes to reach my destination. I parked my car in the parking space of the Dixon Enterprise. I didn't even have time to study the whole area because I was so mad, so mad that I could even kill someone.

To my surprise, the receptionist told me to go up after he talked to someone on the telephone. I was expecting him not to let me in just like that because I wasn't working there and I didn't even have an appointment. But of course, I didn't care about all that because I was itching to punch Enrique Dixon's face.

A middle aged woman ushered me to his office when I reached his floor. When she left, I let myself in without knocking because of anger. Then I saw Enrique's smug face. It looked like he was enjoying seeing me like this.

"How dare you do this to me?! What did I ever do to you to treat me this way?!" I asked furiously as tears were threatened to well down my eyes but blinked it back. I would never give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry in front of him.

"I won't answer that question right now baby but soon, you will know. Anyway, I knew you would come. Today is your deadline eh?" He said smirking like he's insulting me, like he already won.

"I want to know your decision now. Just tell me you agree to it already. You need money right? Remember, your mom needs to have a surgery today" I wanted to retaliate and fight him but he got me. I really need money ASAP and soon I will be jobless. But the most important of all was my mom. She needed a heart donor and large amount of money in order for her to live. I swallowed hard, still unable to produce any word. I wanted to hit his face and remove that smirk on his face.

"I will give you 5 seconds. I'm tired of waiting for your decision. I have waited for too long. 5.........4..........3" My eyes widened as he started to pack his things like he was about to go out while still counting. I panicked and because of that, I said the word that I probably regret saying. As much as I wanted to punch his face, he reminded me of my problems and that cornered me like a cat in front of a dog. I sighed.

"I accept" He smiled happily for a moment before he cleared his throat and turned emotionless.

"Good. Let's go" he said and tugged my hand. I scowled at him. I felt irritated and angry of his behavior but for some reason a delicious shiver ran down my spine when he touched me. He pulled me inside the elevator. When we reached down the ground floor and the elevator opened, the employees who were there stared at us curiously as we walked out of the building. When we reached the parking lot, I saw his private parking lot and his sleek and beautiful red sports car. I looked at him questioningly when he motioned me to get inside his car.