Chapter 57

"We can't do that Marcus," Max says as he stands up from the table. "We've been underground since the factions started."

"We just found it rather odd that you Dauntless prefer it underground," Marcus says, "I mean all of the other factions are above ground. We though it'd been more logical for Dauntless to take the old factionless quarters, while the factionless move underground."

"We aren't moving and that's the final decision," Max pushes his chair back and walks out of the room. Don't forget his lap dog following him.

"This meeting is over," Marcus says and everyone slowly gets up. "We'll meet back next month."

The room is then filled with talking and the Abnegation letting Dauntless members leave the room first. I quickly go over to Marcus and cough to get his attention. "This is from my dad," I smirk, "don't enjoy it to much."

"Why did-"

"He wouldn't want you talking to me," I cut him off and find Natalie and Andrew. They are talking a few feet away from the door. Natalie seems to look annoyed, kind of remind me of me. I smile and walk over towards them. "Hi."

That was the stupidest way to start a conversation Claire. "Claire!" Natalie smiles and gives me a hug. "It's great to know you are doing well."

"Yeah I'm doing great," I smile and hug Andrew. "I actually just took a little boy in. His parents both died so my mom had me adopt him. I figured you'd want to have a picture of your great grandson," I pull out the picture of Lincoln and hand it to them. "Don't worry about people knowing you have this picture. I won't tell."

"He is precious Claire," Natalie smiles as she looks at the photo. "Don't leave him with his father to long."

"Tris is actually watching him," I say, "Carter has training all day. You'll see him a lot more soon. He's becoming a leader."

"That makes four for Dauntless then?" Andrew ask.

I nod in reply, "with Max and Evan becoming older they want young leaders to carry out the faction."

"Well I wish him the best of luck," Andrew nods.

"Thanks," I smile, "i have to go, the train doesn't wait."

"Of course," Natalie says and hugs me again, "I'll see you soon."

"Yes," I nod and hug Andrew, "bye guys."

"Bye Claire," Andrew says and waved goodbye.

I run down the stairs and to the tracks. All the Dauntless members are waiting for the train to come, which is in any minute. Max is looking irritated as he converses with Eric. The way Marcus was going about moving our faction was crazy, I understand why Max is acting like this. Dauntless is in the perfect place, it's not right for the factionless. Having them live underground is like asking for a disaster to happen.

"Did you give Marcus a hard time?" Uncle Uriah asks as I stand next to him.

"No I talked to Natalie and Andrew," I reply. "Natalie was super happy when she found out about Lincoln. Andrew keeps more to himself."

"He's always kept quite at these meetings," he shrugs.

"Why do you still come to Abnegation meetings, the usually send newbies," I say and hear the train rumbling on the tracks.

"Your mother wants me to make sure Marcus doesn't come to Dauntless," he replies and we start to run. We jump into the same cart and I sit down against the side. "Also I think dad wants to annoy me."

"Grandpa always likes to mess with you," I laugh, "and Uncle Zeke. He leaves mom alone."

"Because Tris will make mom punch him," Uncle Uriah rolls his eyes, "if I were to go to mom she'd laugh and hit me upside the head."

"Best part of being an only girl," I smirk and he rolls his eyes once more.

"Brook takes advantage of that," Uriah sighs.

"You are the one who calls her princess," I remind him, "even my dad doesn't call me princess."

"I don't think Four would ever say the word princess," he jokes, "he'd probably think it'd make his mean guy status go down a few notches."

"Please that has already happened."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Mom I need to get going," I say as I grab Lincoln's bag. She is still holding him and won't let go.

"Then go," mom says and I hear dad laugh.

"You still have my son mom," I say and grab his carrier.

"He doesn't want to leave his grandma," mom smiles and rocks him.

"Give Claire her son Bea," dad says coming into the living  room, "you're turning into your mom."

"I am not," mom says standing up and holds Lincoln closer to her, "okay maybe a little bit."

"You'll see him tomorrow mom," I say and take him from her, "I need to get home to make dinner for Carter."

"Don't make spaghetti," dad says and sits down in the couch, "I just made some."

"I was going to go with pizza," I tell him as I buckle Lincoln up, "Carter's been wanting to use the new pizza oven."

"Look Bea," dad says, "they have a pizza oven."

Dad wants a pizza oven really bad. He's been begging mom to get one. "I'll get you one for Christmas."

I say goodbye to my parents and brothers before I head home. Lincoln stays asleep the whole walk, which I'm glad for. I don't like to take him out of the carrier in the middle of the hallway. It's just to much of a hassle.

Once I get home I set Lincoln in his bouncer. This is the best thing I've ever bought. When Carter isn't home and I have to clean or whatever, I can just lay Lincoln in that so I can watch him. Carter still thinks it's stupid but I really don't care.

I finished cooking he pizza and set it on the counter. It looks really good. I grab the pizza cutter and cut it up. We ran out of apple juice so I'm stuck drinking milk until we go to the store. I pour us each a glad of milk and set them on the table. I also set our plates with a few slices of pizza on the table too. The oven beeps and I pull the breadsticks out and set them on a plate. Of course I bring that to the table as well. Since Carter is t home yet I make Lincoln a bottle and grab him out of his bouncer.