Chapter 16

"Claire?" A voice says from outside my door followed by knocking.

"Ugh," I groan and put my pillow over my face.

"It's your favorite person," the voice says. It's a guy. Only one guy I know would say that.

"Come in Uncle Zeke," I say and roll my eyes.

"How's it going little one," he say sitting on my bed. I sit up and sit Indian style.

"Great! I got asked to the dance," I say.

"Oh really by who?" He ask looking at me with a straight face.

"Blake. Who else would I go with," I say.

"No one," he says.

"Stop being so over protective uncle Zeke. Dad is letting us date you should too," I say.

"Date?! You are growing up to fast little one," he says and shakes his head.

"What if Sadie dates someone at 13 I mean aunt Shauna is her mom but what if she wouldn't talk to you because she is mad that you won't let her date the boy she likes. Then what would you do," I say.

"I mean I love her and would like for her to talk to me and for her to be happy so I mean I guess I'd let her date the boy," he says scratching the back of his neck.

"That's what happened with dad," I say.

"Four has always had a soft spot for you and Tris. You two are the most important girls in his life and would do anything for you. Even if it meant giving his little girl to someone else," uncle Zeke says putting a stray piece of hair behind my ear. I smile at him.

"I doubt that," I say.

"Oh really. I've been friends with your dad since we were both 16 and since the day they got you he's loved you with all of his heart. He would do anything for you," uncle Zeke says.

"Ok if you say so," I say.

"He's right," a voice says from the door. I look over uncle Zeke's shoulder as he turns around and see dad leaning against the door frame.

"Hi dad," I say.

"All what this nimrod said was true munchkin," he says.

"Hey with the names," uncle Zeke says.

"Oh come one Zeke you know it's true," dad says and pats uncle zeke on the back. Uncle Zeke just rolls his eyes and stands up.

"Well I've got to go to work, but your cousins are downstairs. Bye little one," uncle Zeke says giving me a hug and kissing my head.

"Bye uncle Zeke," I say.

"You're now almost as tall as me," uncle Zeke says.

"I know your only like 6'0," I say and smile.

"I know that," he says and leaves.

"Love you dad," I say and give my dad a hug.

"Love you too munchkin," he says and holds me tight.

"I'll watch Rosa," I say as we both pull away from the hug.

"Good I could use a break from children," dad jokes.

"I'll watch Jackson too. All the other ones will play together," I say and head downstairs.

"Sadie will just stay with you. The twins like to be by themselves or with guys," dad says following me.

"That's fine with me. You and mom can go on a date," I tell him.

"That would be nice, but you've got the twins, Sadie, Xander, Keiynan, Jackson, and Rosa. I'm not gonna make you watch all of them," he says.