Chapter 34

"Can you tell me where we are going now?" I ask, looking up at him. 

As soon as we left my house he intertwined our hands together, and out arms swing in between us. I'm only like two inches shorter than him with these freaking four inch heals. Carter looks down at me with a smile and shakes his head.

"Can't you just wait a little longer?" he counters.

"No, I can't," I groan and look forwards.

"I'll give you a hint," Carter gives in. "It's a little place not to far outside of the compound."

"Outside?" I ask and Carter nods. "I can't run and jump on a train in these."

"We aren't going on the train," Carter tells me. "It's like a minute away from the compound."

I just sigh knowing that is all I will get out of him. He is smirking, I can feel it. To confirm that he is I look up. Of course he is and he looks down at me. "I promise it is a great surprise."

I just let go of his hand and wrap my arm around his, only so I could lean on his shoulder. I mindlessly close my eyes, and basically have Carter drag me to the surprise place.

"Claire we are here," Carter says and I open my eyes. 

It's probably the most beautiful place I've ever seen. It's an area that is partly open, but where a table is sat it is shadowed by trees. There are lanterns hanging from the branches, which lights up the area. In the center of the trees there is a circle table covered in a white table cloth. the is a   vase with white roses in the center with a few candles surrounding it. There are two plates with covers over the top of them. I look up at Carter who is smiling at me.

"This is absolutely gorgeous Carter," I gush. "How long did it take you to do this?"

"Jaden helped me out," Carter says walking us towards the table. "She brought the food as soon as I went to pick you up. I promise it isn't cold."

I smile up at him and sit in one of the chairs. He pushes my chair in a little before he goes to the other side to sit down. "This was a very nice surprise."

"I try," Carter smirks and I roll my eyes. 

Carter takes the cover off his food, and so do I. The food looks absolutely delicious. There is a steak, a baked potato, and green beans. I mean this date is just getting better and better. I look up at Carter who is just smiling at me.

"What? Is my make up smeared?" I ask worried and put my hand on my cheek. 

"No," Carter answers. "You just look extremely beautiful tonight. I mean you do everyday no matter what, but-"

"Thank you Carter," I laugh. "You look quite handsome yourself."

"Nothing new there," Carter jokes, "now lets eat."

After we finish eating Carter says that he'll get everything later. Dinner was so good I didn't know what to do with my life. Carter was a lot more laid back then I have seen him. He kept joking around and I had enjoyed them. It was a lot of fun tonight. 

We are currently walking back to my house. Our hands linked together with our arm once again swinging in between us. Now it is quiet. It isn't awkward. I like it, it's relaxing. Just knowing that he is next to me, and I don't get awkward when we aren't talking is awesome. 

"Jaden asked me if I wanted to take Skye and her friend out tomorrow while she and her husband go out," Carter speaks up, "I was wondering if you wanted to come with us."

"Totally," I answer with a smile. "Where are we going?"

"Well Skye and her friend really enjoy that new kid arcade," Carter says and I nod. 

"Maybe I can bring Jackson along, he loves that place," I say and Carter nods.

"I'd love to hang out with your brother," he replies. "And now we are back."

I realize that we are at my house and I grab my keys. I unlock the door and turn to Carter. 'I had a great time tonight."

"I did too," Carter grins. "How about that second date?"

"Tomorrow then," I say. "Since you said we could go on a second date with Skye earlier."

"Fine tomorrow, I'll come by around noon or so. We'll eat lunch then head out," Carter tells me and I nod.

"That sounds perfect," I say and that's when I realize how close Carter and I are. 

"Yeah totally," he mumbles before he places his hand on my cheek, then his lips on mine.

It was slow and sweet. We were't rushing, just taking our time. It was probably the best kiss I've had. My arm has hooked its way around Carter's neck pulling him closer to me. Carter's free hand it sitting on my waist while my is against his chest. I hear the door open up and Carter and I break away. We both turn to see who just opened the door and we see Blake. He has Ben with him still and he offers us a small smile.

"Hey," Blake says. "Nice to see you."

"Yeah, same," I reply and I move closer to Carter.

"I guess I'll see you around," Blake says as he walks past us.

My gosh was that awkward. "That's K's brother Blake."

"Didn't you two used to date?" Carter asks and I go to open the door. "You don't have to answer it if you don't want to thought."

"Yeah we did, long story short he cheated on me," I say and walk inside.

"Well I'm sorry about that," Carter says and kisses my cheek. "But as of right now I have to go back to clean up."

"Good night Carter," I smile.

"Good night Claire," He says and pecks my lips.

He runs down the hall and I shut the door behind me. As soon as I shut the door I hear footsteps coming towards me. I look to see K in a pair of sweatpants and what looks like one of Robbie's shirts.

"Tell me everything!" K squeals and drags me over to the couch.  

"K calm down I just got home," I laugh. "Since when did you wear clothes like that?"

"Since I found out I was pregnant, and realized that my clothes just made me uncomfortable," K says and shifts herself on the couch. "Now you have to tell me about your date right now."

I sigh and start the so called story of my date.