Chapter 39

Jackson and Skye have been running all over the place trying out the different games. I've stayed with Jackson and Carter has been with Skye. As of right now all of us are together, Jackson and Skye are playing a racing game against each other. Carter has his arms crossed over his chest and I'm holding the cup with the tokens for the kids. They only have a few left, and after that we can leave. I never knew it would be tiring to be following kids through out an arcade. The arcade is pretty busy for it being the morning. Luckily we haven't lost the kids yet. My mom would kill me and Jaden would kill Carter.

"I won!"

I come back from my thoughts and I have no clue who won. Skye ran off and Carter took her tokens and followed her. Jackson grabs my hand and drags me to another game. He takes his tokens and puts it in the machine. Only one more game and we can get lunch. Thank the lord, this is not my place. I would rather be in the training room or my bedroom. Considering I can't go to my bedroom to get training clothes I can't do either of those things. Who knows what Robbie and K are doing. I don't want to find out, so I'm not going home until after dinner. Just want to be safe, you never know.

"Claire come on!" Jackson whines. I look down at him and he is wanting his last tokens to play the game. After I hand him his last tokens I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. Carter's ID pops up and I answer the call.

"Hey Claire, Skye is done," Carter tells me.

"Jackson is on his last game," I reply. "I'll meet you at the front."

"Alright, see you in a couple minutes," he says.

"Okay. See ya in a minute," I say and he says bye. Putting my phone away I notice Jackson only has one life left.

Jackson lets out a groan as he loses his game an dI roll my eyes. I take his hand and lead him to the front of the arcade. Skye is telling Carter something, who is squatting to be at her level. Jackson sees them and yells hi, even though we just saw them not to long ago. We walk over to Carter and Skye. Carter tells them we are going to lunch. They basically ignore him and start to walk out of the arcade talking away. Carter rolls his eyes and I laugh lightly.

"What?" Carter smiles and I shrug.

"Nothing," I tell him and he just gives me a look. "I swear nothing Carter."

He gives me one more looks before replying, "if you say so."

"Claire?"

I look at Jackson and he waves his hand back and forth. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Whenever mom and dad walk to lunch they hold hands. Aren't you and Carter going to?" Jackson asks and I feel my cheeks heat up. Okay I have no idea why I'm blushing. Next thing I know I feel Carter take my hand and intertwine our fingers. I smile up at him and Jackson clears his throat.

"Why's your face all red?" Jackson asks.

I just ignore that and take his hand. Carter is holding Skye's hand as well. We, and by we I mean Carter and me, decided that we are just eating lunch in the cafeteria. Everyone else will probably be there considering its 12:30. It'll be nice to have the family there. I haven't seen all of them in a while. Especially Peter, Lynn, Wyatt, and Mia. Mia is Peter and Lynn's youngest. She is three, and the youngest in our whole family. Dylan and her are really close.

"I can get lunch if you want," Carter says. "You can find a table for us."

"Are you sure?" I ask. "I can help you get food."

"No its alright," Carter smiles. "Just go find us a table."

"Uncle Carter!" Skye exclaims as he starts to go to get us food. Carter comes back over and Skye points at me. "You didn't kiss her bye."

"Skye I'm only getting lunch," Carter chuckles and Skye crosses her arms and raises her eyebrow. Carter rolls his eyes before he kisses the top of my head.

He goes to get food and I look down at the two kids to see them smirking at each other. Not even going to bother with it. I lead the two to a the table that my family is sitting at. They are all eating lunch and it looks chaotic. Blaire and Gigi, Henry and Colin's girlfriends are there, They seem out of place. Blaire is just a shy girl in general, which is the exact opposite of my family. Skye and Jackson run to the table and sit down next to my dad. Dad smiles at the two and waves for me to come over. I head over to my dad and sit in the open seat across from him.

"Hey mom," I say as I sit next to her, "sorry I forgot to ask to take Jackson out today."

"It's fine, it's good for him to be around kids his age," mom smiles before she eats a fry.

Carter then comes over and sits next to me. He sets two trays down, one in front of us an the other in front of Skye and Jackson. The two say thank you, as do I, and Carter smiles before taking his food off the tray. He goes to grab the cake and I smack his hand.

"Claire I got you a piece, and me a piece," Carter laughs.

"Well now I get both," I say and put my fries in front of him. "You can have these."

"Gee thanks," Carter rolls his eyes and I smile.

"You've got all those cookies to eat at your house," I remind him. "You don't need any cake."

"Little one!"

I look up and see Uncle Zeke with Uncle Uriah. My grandma and grandpa are following behind them. I stand up and give them all a hug. I didn't even think about my uncles. Shauna and Marlene are already here I just assumed, plus all their kids. Grandma and Grandpa on the other hand usually eat at their home.

"Hey Claire, can you watch Alexander and Rosa tonight?" Uncle Zeke asks and I nod.

"Where's Sadie going to be tonight?" I ask and Uncle Zeke groans. Aunt Shauna comes next to him and pats his arm.

"She's going out on a date tonight so she can't watch them," Aunt Shauna tells me, Uncle Zeke cringes when she does. "Thank you for agreeing to watch Alex and Rosa. We can drop them off around 6 if that's alright."

"Yeah that's fine," I smile.

"Claire are you coming back to mine?" Carter asks as I sit down. Dad raises and eyebrow at me.

"I think I left something over there," I lie and dad continues to give me a weird look. Carter nods and continues to eat his lunch. I do too, and I do eat both pieces of cake. Carter laughs when I finish the second piece. I hear my mom mumble something about never doubt an Eaton when it comes to cake or something. "Are you going to see Grayson after lunch?"

"Yeah. Jaden and Jacob are still with him, and I got to take Skye back," Carter tells me as we throw away the garbage from lunch.

"Do you want me to just go to my house so you can spend time with your family?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I think they'll like to meet you," Carter smiles and takes me hand.

"Then lets go," I reply with a smile.

Jackson goes home with mom and dad and Skye comes with us. Skye is babbling on about the arcade this morning and Carter is nodding his head every time she looks at him. I smile at the two and soon enough we finally get to the hospital. We head to Grayson's room and he is awake playing on a phone.

"Grayson kinda forgot to introduce you to Claire earlier," Carter says as we enter his room.