Chapter 25

"Why do I have to go to this party?" I groan as K keeps pulling my hair in different directions.

"Because you never go out and have fun anymore," she says as she straightens my head.

"I went to get a kitten with Dylan today. That was fun," I lie and she rolls her eyes.

"Just sit still and shut up," she tells me and I glare at her the through the mirror.

After a good 20 minutes she stops pulling my hair and poking my face with stupid brushes and pencils. She claps her hands and I look into the mirror and my eyes widen. She really went all out. My hair is curled in a bun and around it is a braid. Two curls frame my face. She put a red eyeshadow and as it gets closer to the inner part it gets darker. She added black eyeliner that goes into a cat eye, and mascara, along with a pink blush and bright red lipstick. I give her and thumbs up and she smiles like crazy.

"Now I'm going to do my own hair and make up, and by the time I'm done I expect you to be in your dress and ready to go," she ushers me out of the bathroom and into my room.

She slams the door behind her and I sigh before going towards my bed. I slip off my clothes, before seeing how it looked. When I pick it up I felt heat rise up to my cheeks. I can tell by looking at it it's short and I make a self note that K is the worst. Down the center of the top of the dress, is a large slit, and the back is mostly open. It's plain black which I appreciate but that's about it. With this stupid dress I can't wear a bra and it's annoying. Knowing how either way I'll end up in this dress by K I take off my bra and carefully put the dress on. I pull the little zipper up and adjust the dress a it. It goes around my neck, but isn't tight. The dress is pretty but not my style, even if it fits perfectly. I grab a pair of 4 inch red heels from my closet and slip them on before I go downstairs.

"I see Kim got you ready for the party," Robbie chuckles and I roll my eyes at him

I flip him off as he laughs even more. "Thanks for the warning."

I sit down on the chair and pull my dress downs little, considering it ends right below my butt, and I make sure my top doesn't move. I finally get comfortable and get ready to wait.

K only took 20 minutes as well and she came hoping down the stairs in her dress that fit her perfectly. It was a maroon dress and right above the waist it is lace. It alternates between lace and the normal fabric, and when it's at her neck it stops. She has he hair in a curly messy bun that looks amazing. Her make up is a silver eyeshadow, a cat eye, mascara, blush, and a dark red lipstick. She looks absolutely amazing.

"Let's go!" K exclaims and drags Robbie and I out the door

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask as I try to not fall in my heels.

"There is a party at Q's tonight, so we are going," she smirks and then stops. She turns to Robbie and raises an eyebrow. "I laid out clothes for you to wear."

"Where? I didn't see any," he shrugs his shoulders, and we she drags back into the apartment. She takes Robbie to her room and soon comes back down. He's in not necessarily black skinny jeans, but they are semi tight. A maroon button up, and it isn't tucked in. He has on his combat boots, and K must've run some gel through his hair.

"Now we can finally go, now that we are already late," she says and glares at Robbie.

We follow her to Q's apartment and we all stay quiet. It isn't a long walk at all, and as soon as she opens the door I can no longer hear. The music is blaring, and K drags Robbie off to dance. I just ignore it because this is usual with K. I head over to the drink take and grab one. I take a drink and shake my head. Why did I even come here? I lean against a wall and laugh at all the idiots dancing. Most of them are grinding against each other, probably having no clue who each other is. The other few are just dancing in front of their partner, for instance K and Robbie. The ones who think grinding is considered dancing, is just trying to have a fun night, and forget about it all the next morning. One night stands 101. After a while of standing by my own a guy approaches me. I know instantly that it is Carter. He got first first in initiation the year before mine. He is really hot, and basically every teenage girl in Dauntless has a crush on him. He has tousled blonde hair, gorgeous blue eyes, a really nice jaw line, his hair always looks sexy for some reason, his smile is so wonderful, he has an eight pack, and is super toned. He's like the example of what Dauntless should look like. He has a few tattoos on his arms, and one on his back that creeps up on to his neck. Luckily he doesn't have any piercings. I've never been a fan of piercings.

"Claire Eaton right!" he smirks leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

Okay be confident Claire! "The one and only!"

"Want to go to the kitchen, music isn't as loud in there!" he shouts over the music and I nod.We both walk to the kitchen and he takes a drink of the beer in his hand. "What is a girl like you doing alone?"

"I'm a major third wheel. My friend forced her boyfriend and I to come with her to this party, then ditched me as soon as we got here," I tell him and he nods.

"I've been there before," he laughs. "So instead of having fun here you decide to slowly drink the alcohol in that tiny red cup."

I nod with a smile. "This is my version of a party. I don't go to a lot."

"Dressed as beautifully as you are, people would think you go to quite a few of these," he smiles and I blink a few times so I won't do anything stupid.

"This is my friends work actually," I blush. "I'd rather go to the training room."

"Does your family do little training sessions," I laugh with him. "I can just picture it, because both of your parents are instructors."

We both laugh for a minute or two before I speak up. "It's just a place for me to let everything out actually."

"Seems like we have something in common."

I smile up at him an the takes the cup out of my hand, and sets it on the table. I look up at him confused and he take us back out to where to dance floor is. He starts to dance and I do too. We both laugh as we dance, and try our bests to not do anything stupid. After a while the pain in my feet starts to show up. Stupid heels. He grabs two red cups off the drink table and we sit on the couch. I slip off my heels, and he hands me a drink. I take a sip and look over at him.

"Are you the one to party almost everyday?" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulders.

"I usually go if it is one of my friends, or I happen to be bored like tonight," he tells me and I nod.

"Partying isn't my forte," I laugh. "I'm more of a stay at home and watch movies type of girl."

"We can go watch one if you'd like. This party is kind of dying anyway," He says and stands up. I grab my heels and we go over to the door.

"Mines not to far from here. We can go there," I say and lead him to where my apartment is. I unlock it and show him to the living room.

"This is a nice place," he compliments and sits down on the sofa. I say thank you and sit next to him. I grab the remote and play a movie. "Movies are another way I get calm."

"Well Carter, it's time to kick back and relax as we watch.... Ace Ventura," I smile and do jazz hands.

Carter smiles and lays his arms across the back of the couch. "One of my favorites."

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

After the movie is over I get really tired. I pull out my phone and text K that I am at home. I lay my head on Carter's shoulder and he lays his head on my head. I shut my eyes and pull the blanket up to cover all of my legs. I start to go to sleep right then.