Chapter 29

Because Carter and my dad are freaking idiots, they decided to run to the training room. I don't think they realize there is only one entrance and exit. I laugh as I shut the door behind me, and the boys are standing sheepishly by the punching bags. 

I go over to them and hit the back of their heads. I take both of their wrists and twist them. "Assholes." My dad just looks at me because I just said assholes. I roll my eyes at him.

"Claire let Carter and your father go." I turn to the door and see mom holding Dylan. 

I sigh and let the two of them go. "Next time I'll actually break your wrists," I hiss at the two and my mom comes and takes my hand. I turn and walk out of the training room with my mom.

"Why did you hurt daddy?" Dylan asks me.

"When you are older and someone decides to steal your cake, you'll understand," I say and Dylan looks at mom as if I was crazy.

"She was just pretending," mom says and glances over at me. 

Dylan makes an oh sound before he lays his head on mom's shoulder. I walk with mom, and I already know we are going back to my old house. When we get there mom walks in and Dylan jumps out of her arms. 

"Henry, Colin! You two both have to clean the kitchen!" mom yells as we walk into the living room. I look over at her with a confused look. "They decided that before dinner tonight, to make a couple smoothies. Except they 'forgot'" she uses air quotes of forgot and she looks annoyed. "to put the lid on the blender, and now there is strawberry and chocolate on the ceiling and walls."

"That's why you can't trust the boys even if they are fifteen," I say. "They are fifteen right?"

My mom smiles at me before she shakes her head. "What is the date?" 

"January something," I shrug. Then she asks the twins birthday and mine. "December 16, March 3."

"So how old does that make them?" mom asks and I groan.

"Remember I tested for Dauntless not Erudite," I say and mom smiles.

"They are fourteen, almost 15," mom answers and I just look at her.

"You could have just told me that."

I go over and sit on the couch, and that's when my brothers decide to run around the freaking house. Henry is chasing Keiynan, who is chasing Jackson, who is chasing Dylan. Dylan has Jackson's tablet, Jackson has Keinyan's  phone, Keiynan has sponges, which is probably what Henry is using to clean the kitchen.

"Keiynan stop freaking running!" Henry yells as the boys all circle the couch. "Colin and I have to be out of here in thirty minutes, I really don't want to be late because I was chasing you!"

"Tell Jackson to give me my phone back then!" Keiynan shouts back.

"Dylan took my tablet!" Jackson complains and Dylan is just smiling.

Mom is used to stuff like this and just ignores it. If one of them gets hurt they'll just stand up and keep going. Like right now, Colin just fell on his face from stepping out right as Henry was running past. This made the three other boys stop and laugh at their older brothers. Henry and Colin were both rubbing their heads, and the three younger ones just laughed and pointed.

I hear the door open and the boys all look up. They run to each other and give their things back before going in all different directions. Probably because dad came in.

Dad wouldn't yell at them, he would chase after them as well, and he is way faster then any of us it wouldn't end well. So as the boys chased up the stairs Dylan turned around and stuck his tongue out at dad. Dad just smiles before chasing Dylan up the stairs.

"I see my dad hasn't killed you," I smile as Carter leans against the wall.

"Yeah. You'd think he would, maybe it's cause we just met." I get up off the couch and take his hand, before taking him into the kitchen.

"If you ever get on his bad side just come over here," I say and open a cabinet. I push the boxes out of the way until I see the cake mix. "Just make him a cake and everything will be settled." We both laugh and Colin and Henry look over at us like we are crazy. 

"Good to know," he says and my dad comes into the kitchen.

"Ready guys?" dad asks and all three of them nod. I look up at Carter and he shrugs. 

"Your dad asked if I wanted to go training with the guys in your family today," Carter says and I nod.

"Just don't bruise up that face, we have a date tomorrow." I pat his cheek before walking back to the living room. 

Mom is sitting in the living room now, trying to get something off the couch. I go over to her and see that there is a stain and she is trying to get it off.

"Who did it this time?" I ask. "Twins?"

"Your father," mom groans as she stands up. "He decided that three in the morning was the best time to eat cake. Ohh and in the dark."

I laugh and pat mom's back. "Just remember you married the guy."

"Sometimes I don't need to be reminded," mom mutters and I head up stairs. 

Since I moved out, Jackson and Keiynan finally got their own rooms. The twins didn't want to have separate rooms, that's why Jackson got my old room. I went to his room and told him bye, and did that to my other brothers.

"Bye mom!" I shout from the stairs.

Mom comes from the kitchen and hugs me goodbye. I hug her back and then I head back to my home. 

"Claire!" K yells as I enter the house. I sigh before I turn around to leave. "Yeah no C," K says and grabs my arm before I could leave.

"What K?" I groan as she drags me to the living room. 

"We have to go shopping," K says as she grabs her purse and mine.

"Why?" I groan and K just looks at me like I'm dumb. 

"There is a party tomorrow, and we are going."

"I'm going on a date with Carter tomorrow. I can't," I tell her and she smiles at me. 

"All the more reason to go!" she cheers, and I groan as she drags me out the door.

************************************************************

"Okay this is the last dress I'm trying on," I tell K as she hands me a maroon dress. I turn back into the dressing room, which has dresses thrown everywhere. I change into the dress and look at myself in the mirror. I open the dressing room door.

 I open the dressing room door

"OMG yes!" K squeals. I smile at her before I go back to the dressing room and change back into my clothes. I try to pick up the dresses a bit.

"Now lets go home," I say once we leave the shop with the bags with out dresses in it.

"This is why I hate shopping with you," K groans as we leave and head home.