Chapter 36

The frosting and cookies tasted delicious. Carter and I probably made cookies for a couple hours, and now we have more then we know what to do with. We are also covered in flour and who knows what else. We started to grab random ingredients and throw them at each other. I may or may not of thrown an egg at his head, so yolk is dripping down the side of his face. I was to caught up in the moment to realize that I threw it, but that kind of stopped the food fight.

Right now I'm trying to get the little pieces of egg shell out of his hair. I feel really bad I threw an egg at him. He just laughs every time I say sorry. Every time yolk runs down the side of his face I make sure that I wipe it off. He also laughs when I do that. After a couple minutes I finally got all the eggshells out of his hair.

"Okay you may want to take a shower now," I laugh as I pull a couple strands of his hair covered in yolk.

"I wonder why?" he jokes and looks down at his clothes. Which happened to be covered in a lot of flour. My cheeks turn a little pink and I look down. Noticing my clothes are like that as well I look up at Carter.

"Do you have an guest shower?" I ask and he nods.

"Yeah it's just down the hall, first door on the right," he tells me and I nod.

"Thanks," I say and wipe some of the flour and yolk off his face.

"I'll be upstairs," he tells me and starts to go up the stairs.

I grab my bag and head to the bathroom. I take the pajamas I had packed, which were just a pair of spandex and a t-shirt, and set them on the sink counter. I find the cabinet with the towels and pull one out. I'm thankful that there is shampoo and body wash in the shower already. I take off the clothes that are covered in flour and put them in a little pile. I step into the shower and turn the water on. I get it to a good temperature before I start to rinse all the flour off me. I run my hands through my hair before I lather it in shampoo. I rinse out the shampoo and do the same with conditioner. I grab the body wash and put some on my hand before I wash. I love not having flour on me anymore. It made me feel uncomfortable. I stand under the shower for a couple minutes just enjoying the relaxing time I have, before I step out.

I wrap the towel around my body and grab my pajamas. I dry off and put my clothes on before I wrap the towel up in my hair. I zip up my bag and hold the pile of clothes as I walk out of the bathroom. I hope he is done with his shower. I head to the living room and find him sitting on the couch in nothing but sweatpants. I look at my toes and clear my throat.

"Claire," he says and I see him stand up. "I can throw these in the washer if you want me to."

"Sure that's fine," I reply but still don't look up. I feel him take the clothes out of my hands and I feel my face heat up. God can't he just put a shirt on so I don't go all 12 year old girl? I shake my head and take the towel off. I take it back to the bathroom and put my hair up in a messy bun. When I finish I head back out to the living room and sit on the couch next to Carter.

"Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure. You chose," I reply and he grabs the TV remote and starts to look.

He decides on watching Neighbors 2. I lay my head on his shoulder and watch the movie. Well mostly try not to focus on the fact he doesn't have a shirt on. Well I don't mind him not wearing his shirt, its just that its distracting. I mean I fold my hands in my lap so I don't touch his chest. Now I can't even focus on watching a movie. I shut my eyes and he wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"Claire," he whispers. I open my eyes and look up at him. "Are you tired?"

"We can finish the movie," I mumble and shut my eyes again.

"Claire the movie is over," he chuckles and I open my eyes again.

"I fell asleep?" He nods and I sit up. "Then I can go home."

"You can stay here, I don't mind," Carter says, and I'm a little shocked.

"If it won't bother you," I reply and he shakes his head.

"It won't," he smiles. "I'll take you to the guest bedroom."

We both get off the couch and he takes my hand. We walk past the guest bathroom and the door right next to it isn't the guest room. Well it would be if I wanted to sleep in a closet. He grabs a blanket and then takes me upstairs. He opens the first door on his left when we get to the top. He lets me go in first and I immediately jump on to the bed. I hear him chuckle and I roll on to my back.

"I'm just tired," I tell him and he comes over to me and gives me the blanket.

"I know you basically just slept for two hours," he chuckles and I wrap myself up in the blanket. "My rooms right across the hall if you need another blanket or something."

I nod and lay back down. "Thanks. Goodnight Carter," I say and then yawn.

"Night Claire," he says. As he leaves the room he turns the lights off and shuts the door.

I check for my phone, luckily I have it. I unlock it and check my messages. I'm surprised K hasn't texted me, but my parents have. I check my mom's first, and she said that K told her I was coming over. That's what my dad's texts were as well. I mean they are probably freaking out because K said I'd be there a couple hours ago. I quickly text the both of them saying I'm staying at a friends. Once I send the texts I set my phone on the nightstand next to me and close my eyes.