Chapter 24

"Sissy can we go so Raph?" Dylan says as he pokes my arm. I grab his hand so he will stop and look at him.

"Ya, K may be sleeping there so you'll have to be quiet," I tell him and he brings one finger up to his lips and shushes. I smile at him as I get up and help him off the bench.

I pick him up so he doesn't run away from me. "Sissy why does that boy keep working at us?"

I look back and see Blake turn his eyes back to Ellie. "He must know us. Maybe mom or dad.'

He nods his head and I continue to walk to my apartment. Dylan keeps talking about how dad got him a new toy car because he broke his other one he got for Christmas. I nod every few seconds so he knows I'm listening, well thinks. I know since I'm his sister I should actually listen, but I've had quite a bit on my mind lately.

When we get to the apartment I set Dylan down and unlock the door and let him in. I put a finger to my lips so he knows he needs to be quiet and he does it back. I smile at him and shut the door quietly and show Dylan my room. He sits on my bed and I set Ralph up there with him.

I go downstairs and check the living room to see if K is still there, so Robbie must've woken her up. I grab a water from the fridge and go back to my room and see Dylan with Ralph in his lap. He just pets him and doesn't look up at me. I sit next to him on the bed and he stops petting the cat.

"Can I get a kitty?" Dylan asks me and I shrug.

"If mom and dad say it's okay for you to get one you can," I tell him an the smiles.

"Call momma and daddy then!" he squeals and I pick Ralph up off his lap. I look at him for a moment and he puckers his bottom lip out and widens his eyes.

"Not the puppy dog eyes Dylan," I whine and look away. Except he gets right in front of my face and I sigh. "Fine I'll call them."

I grab my phone while he cheers behind me and I call my mom. "Everything good sweetheart?"

"Ya mom. My precious little brother here is the reason I called you," I tell her and she replies with a ok. "Dylan here wants to get a cat."

"Really Claire, did you tell him he could get one?" she asks me and I roll my eyes.

"No mom, I said he could get one if you and dad said it was okay for him to," i explain to her and she sighs.

"If I say no he'll just bug us until we give in won't he?" she sighs and I laugh.

"He's just like dad. We can't really do anything about it now."

"Alright fine. I'll meet you at the pet store in five minutes," she says and I smile at Dylan.

"Yep see ya," I say then turn to Dylan. "Go get your shoes on buddy."

He hops off the bed and runs down the stairs to get his shoes, and I laugh while I follow him. He hands his shoes to me and sits down, while putting his feet in the air. I slip his shoes on and tie the laces before standing up straight. I slip on my shoes an tell Dylan we have to get going. He runs to the door and starts hopping up and down waiting for me to get there. I open the door and he sprints down the hall, which makes me have to chase after him, then turn him the other direction.

This is how we went to the pet shop. He'd run, and I'd be behind him making sure he was going the right way. We get there, and I'm out of breath from all the running, but Dylan is all smiles. I open the shop doors and Dylan runs inside until I catch him and pick him up. I place him on my hip and walk back to the animals. We pass the dogs before we get to the cats, and once we get there Dylan wiggles out of my arms and goes up to them. He looks at each one at points at a little kitten in the bottom left. I squat down so I can see what the cat looks like and smile. It's so adorable. It's a little orange cat with white paws, it has yellow-green eyes, and had a smushed face. It was so freaking cute.

"I want dis one!" Dylan explains and I smile.

"We have to wait for mom first Dylan. She is going to be here really soon." I tell him and he nods and sits in front of the kitten. The kitten comes up to the glass and I hear it let out a quiet meow.

"He said hi!" Dylan laughs and I nod.

"It did didn't it," I smile and he nods his head vigorously.

"Hey little one. I heard you wanted a kitty," I look up and see mom smiling at him.

"Ya! he said hi! I want dis one!" he exclaims to mom and she laughs at his excitement.

"Calm down a little Dyl," she tells him and he gives her a confused look. "Claire you can go now. I think I can take care of him now."

"Alright. Bye Dylan," I say and kiss his head. I turn and give mom a hug. "Bye mom."

I go back to my apartment and plop down on my coach. I turn on tv and the show that's on is about solving crimes and what not. I don't really pay attention to the show much. Ralph comes down the stairs, and I make a little noise so he'll come over to me. He does and I set him on my lap and he starts to purr. With just sitting here I got to thinking. Which made me realize I have work tomorrow. I chose to be a Faction Ambassador. Most of the time I can stay at my house an work from a computer, but some days I have to go into the office to have a meeting. Lucky me I get three meetings tomorrow all about a trip to Abnegation. Yay! Please note the sarcasm. I realize I should probably do a little work before tomorrow so I set Ralph on the cushion next to me and head upstairs to my room. I dig through the boxes and try to find my last top, but I don't find it until the last doc. I'm just having a great day today. I take it downstairs and sit back on the couch and open the computer. I start to go through my schedule and what I need for tomorrow.

4 hours later

"C I'm home!" someone yells and I jerk up, while my laptop falls to the floor. I look towards the door and see K with a grin on her face, and Robbie shaking his head at her.

"Hey guys," I yawn and stretch my arms. I stand up and set my laptop on the coffee table and look towards them.

"Sorry Kim was rude, I told her to let you sleep," Robbie says as I give him a hug.

"K sometimes forgets who my family is," I say and hug her. She rolls her eyes at me and I pull away. "Did you guys go a long ass date?"

"We went to breakfast then we went to the mall, because I needed new clothes, then we went to lunch now we are here," K tells me and I nod.

"Well I have to get back to work, considering I fell asleep while I was," I say and K just laughs at me.

"Where are you heading tomorrow?" Robbie asks me as they both sit down.

"Abnegation. I mean they are super nice people, but with all the asking if I need help is annoying. It makes me want to punch them, but I know they are just trying to be nice," I complain and Robbie laughs.

"You'll get used to it. I promise," he tells. "I've got to head to Candor in a couple days."

"You're quiet K," I say. "Which either means you know something that'll make me mad or you are dragging me to a party."

"I hate how well you know me," she whines, but stands up and she starts to drag me up the stairs.

"Good luck!" Robbie laughs and I flip him off.

She takes me to her room and starts to go through her clothes throwing dresses and jeans every where.

"Perfect!" she squeals and puts the clothes on her bed before dragging me to my room and doing the exact same thing.