One Thousand And One Butterflies.

Brian's P.O.V.

'And up next from their brand new album, A Day At The Races that is released today, it's Queen and Somebody To Love.'

We all squealed a little as we huddled around the radio in the kitchen, listening to one of our new songs being played on the radio, by now, after having released multiple other albums and hearing our songs quite regularly on the radio you'd think we'd have gotten used to it. But there was always that little spurt of excitement among us all when a brand new song of ours gets played.

The new album is out today, always such a surreal moment for us all and again, something we should be used to but we're certainly not. All that tiring hard work that has gone on for months and months, all the silly bickering we had and the slog of writing new material, figuring out harmonies and melodies, recording everything and then mixing it all together, and for it to be finally out, for the public to buy and to listen to, the radio shows to be able to play...was fantastic.

We were all on a massive high right now, so far the critics loved the album but we all knew there would be some kind of bad review at some point.

We were getting booked in for shows and interviews left, right and centre. It had all sort of fizzled out a little since we'd not released anything new for a while but the surge had grown hugely and suddenly, everyone loved us again.
It was a warm reminder of why we do this, not just because we all love to make music and perform...it was the reaction we got. Mostly from the fans who I personally adored.

And a nice extra, with a new album out...meant more money coming in. And with a new manager since our last album, we'd be getting the majority of the money the album made, not just a measly £20 a week, because unlike that little shit we had before, Jim was trustworthy and wouldn't steal from us like that.

So finally, even though our other albums were also a success in their own rights, this was the first one we'd actually make decent money out of. Maybe we'd no longer be poor rock stars?

Somebody To Love ended on the radio and each one of us had a goofy little grin on our faces.

"I'm so proud of us." John said, quite lovingly.

"We...are...brilliant." Roger said dreamily.

A few more meetings concerning our tour had been held since the last one, thankfully, mine and Freddie's plan of trying to drive James away sort of worked, sort of, because he did leave after we refused to listen to him, then after that, Jim told him we didn't want to work with him and found us somebody else instead which we are so thankful of. He's called Alan and he's a bloody miracle worker. He told us the amount of money we could scrape together was more than enough to make some kind of big, grande and theatrical show, much larger than the last one and now real plans were under way, we planned to go off to start the tour in a few months time if all is well.

I glanced at Freddie and he winked at me with a proud smile on his face.

Since I asked him the important question about us actually being boyfriends on the day we had that meeting with James, he still hasn't answered me, as soon as I had asked him the question again, Jim walked in to the toilets causing us to tear away from each other and pretend to be washing our hands. It wasn't that we didn't want Jim to know, he knew about Rog and Deaky, it was just we wanted to keep it to ourselves for a little while longer.

So for a third time, he had gotten away without answering my question and since that day I'd not asked him again.

It wasn't that we'd fallen out or anything, we were still dating and being all cute, kissing and whatnot, I just got the impression that maybe he wasn't ready to put a label on it yet? And the last thing I wanted to do was rush him into saying that we were boyfriends if he didn't want us to be yet. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to call him my proper boyfriend and have a label...but I was also fine with still dating...even if I thought we would have moved on to something more by now.