Self Acceptance.

Freddie's P.O.V.

Roger began to drive away as I sat there in an angry, upset silence where I was trying to rid myself of the flashbacks of what I had just witnessed.

"Actually...can you drop me off at Johns?" I asked, still quiet.

"Wh-what? John's?" Roger questioned as his face drained of colour.

"I'm serious, Roger. I told you I'd sort him out, I'm going to do it today." I replied weakly.

"Freddie, I don't think you're in the right frame of mind..." there was a hint of panic in his voice.

I sighed, "I'm okay. This could work to an advantage."

It was Roger's turn to sigh, "Alright, if you say so."

"I can walk home from John's. I might pop over to yours later on."

"Okay...Freddie?" The blonde asked.

"Mmm?"

"Please don't be too hard on him."

"I'm not going to be, I haven't got the angry energy in me to shout, I'm just going to question him. That's all. I promise." I tried to smile to reassure him but seeing as though I was on the verge of breaking point, it was a terrible faint and fake one.

A short while later Roger pulled up in front of John's house.

We both glanced at his home and then at each other.

"Don't scare him." Roger ordered, "Although he's been a total arse, I still care about him a lot, okay? Don't scare him away." Rog begged.

I put a hand on his thigh and looked deep into his eyes, "I'm not going to. I'm just going to ask him what his actions were all about, and if he doesn't give anything away, I'll just leave it for another day. I'm not up for a fight, not right now and I'm never up for a fight with a best friend. Stop fretting, dear, Jesus, it's like you don't trust me!" I winked, trying to calm his nerves.
"I'll see you later maybe." I punched him playfully on the arm before I climbed out of the car. I waved at him as he set off again down the street.

Now I was alone I could wipe that fake smile away and allow myself to feel as awful as I really did.

I didn't want to be horrible to Deaky, I don't think I ever could be, but if it meant having a stern word with him to get some answers, that's what I was willing to do.

I inhaled deeply and walked across the street and up the steps to John's front door, I knocked and waited.

He answered after a handful of seconds.

His face fell as soon as he saw me, a little gasp escaping him.

"Got ten minutes?" I asked, my voice a lot more blunt than I anticipated but some of the anger and frustration that I felt last night after I had watched him walk out on Roger came flooding back now that I saw him.

His breathing had gotten heavier. He nodded and stepped to the side, letting me in.

I followed him into the kitchen where he stood there awkwardly.

I began, "Listen. I'm not here to shout. I'm not here to argue. All I want to know is what got into you last night."
I observed as he swallowed and didn't look at me, I waited.

"N-nothing..." he choked.

I raised my eyebrows at his bullshit, "What?" I was taken aback.

He shook his head nervously as he fidgeted.

I stepped closer.

"Deaky. You can talk to me...it wasn't like you! We just, we just don't understand how you could be happy for me when I came out, and then the complete opposite with Roger..."