"Are you eating my ruffles?" I asked dangerously. Shane kept his eyes on the TV and got another chip in his mouth as a reply. I leaned over the couch and snatched the bag away from him.

"Hey!" He complained looking at me. I held the ruffles against my chest.

"This is not your house! Stop lazing around and eating my snacks," Shane stood up, his full height intimidated me. I took a step backwards.

"You shouldn't bother a man when he's watching a football game," his tone held a bit of threat. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You shouldn't eat a girl's snack," I retorted "it's dangerous,"

"Really?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah, really," I was having a hard time trying to maintain my strong pose. Shane was not only taller and stronger than me, he was also devilish. He had that bad boy look that girls always fell for. Luckily, I was not one of them. Shane kept walking towards me like a predator. I squeezed the bag in fear and heard the crunch of the chips. Oh my poor chips!

"Give me that," he ordered. I shook my head "Jones..." he sounded dangerous. My back hit the wall and I knew I was trapped.

"Stay back," he titled his head to the side. His full lips formed a smirk.

"I'm missing the game because of you; you better give me those chips back, Jones,"

"My name is Julie. Stop calling me by my last name," I said trying to distract him. I needed to find a way to escape, me and my chips needed a plan to get away from Mr. Jerkpid.

"I will call you whatever I want to call you, you know why?" he continued before I could say something "because you messed with me. You ruined my chance of getting laid tonight so I will make sure to ruin your night as well,"

"I didn't-" The house's phone rang again. Shane and I shared gazes for a second. I wanted to run to the phone but Shane was on my way.

"If you want to answer the phone, give me the chips," he traded folding his arms across his chest. There was no way I could go through him, he would stop me in a blink of an eyes. The phone rang again. The suspense was killing me, was it Evan? Was he calling again?

I, Julie Jones, was put on the most difficult situation of my life. I had a choice to make, I looked down at my ruffles. I knew they were inside the bag, I knew they were crispy and salty. How I loved those chips! But I also knew I had to let them go if I wanted to pick up that phone.

Chips or Evan...

It was a tough decision.

Yeah, I know you're judging me for actually wavering about it but hey, Ruffles were my life. After the third ring of the phone, I sighed in defeat and whispered 'Sorry' to my chips. I threw the bag to Shane; he caught it in mid air and grinned. Getting him out of the way, I answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Jules?"

"Mom?" I asked in disbelief.