Leith Bayard- Height (c)

Being short wasn't always an issue, actually you rather enjoyed your below average stature. However, as you worked in the kitchens of the French court, it could be an issue. Usually it was fine as all of your colleagues were taller than you meaning they were more than capable to reach something, you were not able to.

Just today, that wasn't the case. You were in the kitchens alone and of course the one thing you desperately needed was just out of your reach. You tried to stand on your tiptoes and jump but neither got you to your goal. If you climbed onto the work surface you'd likely be able to reach it, but if someone saw you take that action you'd likely lose your job- a risk you were not willing to take just for a food product.

You continued to try and support your body weight on the work surface as you tried to push yourself higher on your tiptoes, leaving your fingers brushing over the edge of the shelf unable to actually reach the top of it nor the item perched on it.

As you continued to try and reach what you needed you were surprised by the fact that you were able to reach the item now. A yelp had escaped your mouth as an arm had looped around your middle to lift you up so that you could reach it. You grabbed it, looking down, feeling out of control with your feet off of the ground, below you was the grinning face of Leith whom was holding you up in the air.

"Leith?" You questioned as he lowered you down to the ground keeping his arm wrapped around your middle.

"Having trouble there, Love?" He laughed.

"Thank you for helping, but you could have at least told me that you were here rather than just picking me up and scaring the life out of me," you said berating him for his behaviour.

He shook his head slowly taking what you were trying to reach from out of your hand so that he could put it on the work surface. You gave him a playful glare as you stood on your tiptoes to press your lips to his.

As you pulled away he smiled down at you. "I'm sorry darling. You are just adorable and small."

Although it was a fact that you were below average height you didn't appreciate anyone mentioning not even the man you loved and worked with.

He chuckled at your reaction kissing you once more before pulling up back to work. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.