Tim Lake- Silly Man (c)

Tim had always been a fairly socially inept guy whom showed his awkwardness very clearly even after being in a relationship with you for so many years he somehow still stumbled over his words and sometimes also his feet. You were pretty much equally as awkward as he was, but you were learning how to control it better than he was.

Today he was acting by far worse than he did on a normal day. He was a walking anxious mess. Tim wasn't a very spontaneous person, so when he asked you to go on a walk this afternoon you were confused as to why he hadn't put much for thought into it.

Nevertheless, you had agreed to join him seen as it was such an odd occurrence for him to suggest an outing, even as small as a walk, without a clear thought that you knew of so you could only imagine there must be something you didn't know.

Tim held onto your hand, readjusting his grip every once in a while, whilst his other hand constantly either readjusted his red hair or the collar of his shirt.

You weren't certain where you were headed, but you were happy to just be by his side. There wasn't anything to say particularly as you knew if you asked about where you were headed he would just ramble and never get to the point on the matter. Instead you walked obediently by his side until you reached a nearby park that you weren't quite certain as to why you were there.

"We never come to this park," you commented. "I quite like it, I'm not very certain as to why we don't come here more often."

He looked down at you with a warm yet nervous expression.

"Well... I know that you love it here... I thought it was a shame we hadn't been here enough," he explained with a lopsided smile.

As the two of you walked through the park towards a small secluded park you noticed something odd. In the evening diming light, you noticed small twinkling lights spiralling around the branches of the nearby trees. You gave Tim a questioning look however he didn't say anything, simply continued to lead you towards what you assumed was fairy lights.

Once the two of you ducked under the branches you saw that the lights surrounding a blanket that had a basket sat on top of the blanket.

"What is this?" You questioned, happy to be in such a beautiful view with the man that you loved.

"I know that you love this park and we never get enough time to be here often. So, I thought we could have dinner but there is something more important I wanted to say... I mean ask," he said softly moving so that he was stood in front of you.

"Shoot," you smiled.

He let out a soft laugh moving one of his hands to put it into his pocket as he looked awkwardly to the ground to compose his thoughts.

"Well... firstly I wanted to say how much I love you. Since we met my life has be remarkably better than it could have ever been without you. You are perfect from your sarcasm and witty remarks to how you are able to make me smile even when you do not try. I cannot even comprehend how much I care for you, but one thing I can make clear is that I wish to spend my future with you. So, what I mean to say is, would you please... um... do me the honour... I mean... would you wish... maybe you'd like to become my wife," he rambled dropping to one knee and holding out a ring to you.

You couldn't help the growing smile on your face.

"Of course I want to marry you, you silly man," you grinned leaning down to press your lips passionately to his.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.