John Mitchell- Paint (c)

Being Human UK One Shot

It had never been a conventional relationship. You never expected it to be though seen as you were married to a vampire. You had only married Mitchell a couple of months ago but almost instantly you had moved out into your own home and it was in a desperate need for decoration.

Although he was happy to help, he was still working to keep money coming in, whilst you took a couple of weeks off to get the main amount of the decorating done without too much worry.

Today you had said goodbye to Mitchell before he went off for his day at work, before changing into some old tatty clothing that you didn't particularly care for so that you could paint the walls of the living room. After a few hours your husband returned to your home.

"You look incredible in that," he called out from the front room's doorway.

His words knocked you out of your bored thoughts about how much you were beginning to despise the colour beige. Turning around you saw him leaning against the door frame with a smirk on his lips. You pushed your glasses along the bridge of your nose with the back of your hand, doing your best not to get paint over them.

Looking down at what you were wearing you were quizzical of his statement. Your t-shirt was originally white but with a mixture of sweat and paint it could hardly be considered that anymore, whilst your trousers had dirt and paint smudges covering them. Even before you splattered beige over your garments, you looked like a complete mess.

"You've got to be kidding me," you stated with an eye roll.

He chuckled at your expression, moving closer to you. Mitchell did his best to make sure the hand he moved to place on your waist avoided the paint, but as he pulled you flush against him, it was inevitable that his clothes were soon to match yours.

Holding you close, he leaned down and pressed his lips to yours, using his other hand to push a wisp of your hair from your face. As he pulled away, he rested his forehead to yours, looking lovingly in your eyes.

"I would never kid about such a thing," he smiled. "You, my Love, are by far the most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on, and even in tatty old garbs you are beyond stunning."

You couldn't help but laugh at his comments. Sometimes you didn't understand how he could be so nice to you but nevertheless you weren't one to argue, you loved him too dearly.

"You are too sweet."

With that you raised the paint brush in your hand to run over your husband's cheek, forcing him to pull away from you with a beige line coating his skin.

The moment may have been ruined but Mitchell wasn't fussed with that as he was more than happy to be part of a paint war.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.