Marcus Kane- Father (c)

You couldn't help but be slightly excited to finally see him. It had been too long and no one had expected you all to have survived this long, let alone after what happened to The Ark, you never thought you would see him ever again.

The only issue was that when you were with him on The Ark, he was never much of a father. He wasn't negligent or anything of the sorts, he just had other priorities and didn't really understand what it meant to be paternal. It didn't bother you too much, it could have been worse even in such a terrible world, but now you just didn't know what to act.

Your humanity made you desire to be embraced by him; to run forward and wrap your arms around him and pretend all of your worries didn't exist in the protection of your father's arms. However, the logical side of you knew that he was more of a commanding officer than a Dad to you, so the most affection you expected to receive was to take a couple of step forwards and gain a civil nod or maybe possibly a firm handshake. Nothing more could be expected from him.

From surviving this long on Earth, you knew the unexpected could occur, yet it still took all of your nerves to not break down in tears, when he showed you a weak smile rushing forward towards you. You couldn't move in your shock. As he got closer, you could see the glistening layer covering his cheeks. As soon as he was in arms reach he pulled you into a bone crushing hug.

It took you a moment to adjust to your father holding you, as it was a rare and nearly improbable occurrence you never expected him to treat you in such a manner- you certainly weren't complaining though. You leaned into his chest wrapping your arms around him as well.

"You're okay," he whispered. "Thank the lord that you are okay."

"Dad," you whimpered, your words muffled by the fact that you were being held so close to him.

He pulled away slightly cupping your cheek with his hand, still teary eyed.

"You still look like your mother. You are still as beautiful as her," he smiled softly. "I'm sorry I have put you through this."

You moved your hand up to rest over his.

"It's okay. I'm just glad you are here and can now see I am your daughter, not your soldier," you said weakly.

He gave you an apologetic smile. 

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.