Zach Mitchell- Photo Opportunity (h)

Jurassic World One Shot

You had been nervous before, but your nerves were rising.

Zach had asked you to spend Christmas with his family, and you had agreed as you knew his parents and Gray very well.

Gray adored you; you were pretty smart and never minded having random conversations with Gray about basically anything that popped into his head.

Zach's parents, Karen and Scott, loved you too. They were happy that Zach had found a girl that he could actually be happy with instead of his ex that only really cared about a pretty face.

However, Zach didn't include the fact that his Aunt and her boyfriend would be spending Christmas day with them as well.

That wouldn't have changed your mind, of course, but you hadn't met them before so it was a tad nerve wracking.

You had stayed the night before, Christmas Eve, you were obviously sleeping in Zach's room with him as the two of you were old enough to stay in the same room, you were trusted.

"It's Christmas!" Gray yelled as he came running into Zach's room, causing you and your boyfriend to jump away in surprise.

When Zach realised it was only Gray, he groaned and fell back onto the bed, "Morning Gray" you greeted your boyfriend's little brother.

Gray smiled and ran over to shake Zach, "Go away" Zach groaned, throwing an arm over his eyes and turning to cuddle up to you.

"Good Morning Y/N" Karen said from the doorway, you looked over at her and smiled, "Do you mind getting Zach up? The two of you need to get dressed, we're opening presents downstairs" she told you.

You nodded in agreement, she motioned for Gray to come out of Zach's room and she shut the door after she left.

"Baby, don't do this to me" Zach's words were muffled due to him being cuddled up to you.

As you laughed a little, you moved your hand to run through Zach's hair "Come on. It's Christmas" you stated as you got out of bed.

Zach sat up and pouted, "I am well aware that it is Christmas. I just don't want to get up yet" he explained, following your suit by getting out of bed also.

"Well your Mum wants us to get dressed, so we should probably do that" you grabbed one of Zach's t-shirts, your underwear and a pair of jeans to throw on.

After getting dressed, you disappeared to the bathroom to brush your teeth, Zach came in after you and reached around you to brush his teeth also.

Once the two of you were finished, you both made your way downstairs where Gray, Karen and Scott were waiting with Zach's Aunt and her boyfriend.

"Merry Christmas Aunt Claire" Zach said to his Aunt, going over to hug her, "This is my girlfriend, Y/N" Zach introduced you.

Claire smiled at you, and walked over to give you a hug "It's nice to meet you Y/N, Merry Christmas" she pulled away from the hug as she spoke.

Zach came back to your side, and threw his arm around your shoulder "Owen, this is Y/N" Zach said to Claire's boyfriend.

Owen flashed a smile towards you, "Nice to meet the girl Zach never shuts up about" Owen had amusement laced in his tone.

Zach groaned, and rolled his eyes, "What does he say about me?" you quizzed Owen, which caused him to laugh.

All of you sat down in the living room, around the tree that was in the corner of the room. The adults were on the sofas, whilst you, Zach and Gray were seated on the floor.

"Gray, why don't you hand out some of the presents" Scott said to Gray, who nodded and got up to search under the tree for gifts.

Gray handed out gifts to everyone, and then he gave one to you "I have one?" you asked in confused and Gray nodded with a smile on his face.

Gray motioned for you to check the label, so you did and you saw that it was from Zach.

You looked over at your boyfriend, who just smiled "Open it Baby, I hope you like it" Zach told you.

You smiled back at Zach, before opening the present which turned out to be a photo frame with a ribbon attached to it and a ring hanging off of it.

Zach placed his arm around your shoulder, "Do you remember the photo?" he asked, stroking your hand that was placed on the frame with his thumb.

The photo was from the party that Karen and Scott threw for your one-year anniversary, it was a pool party and you were on Zach's shoulders in the pool after playing a game of chicken with some of your friends.

"Of course I do; it was fun this summer" you smiled up at him as you spoke.

Your hand then went to the ring that was hanging off of the frame, Zach took it off of the ribbon and placed it in your palm "It's just a promise ring, I know it's pretty sappy to give it to you at Christmas but I thought it was a good present" he explained slightly hesitantly.

Zach slipped the ring onto your finger, and you saw a camera flash out of the corner of your eye.

The two of you looked up, and saw Karen smiling as she held the camera "What? It was a photo opportunity"

~*~

Written by Hannah.