Ezra Fitz- Dinner (c)

Pretty Little Liars One Shot

It had probably taken you too long to set up the date. There wasn't much to it really, seen as it was a simple date at home, however you wanted everything to be perfect.

Luckily your partner had a fairly consistent schedule due to the fact that he was a teacher. In recent months, Ezra had been coming home later than he would usually. If you didn't know any better you'd have assumed that he was having an affair. You knew that he was staying at work so that he didn't have to transport all his marking home, due to the fact that his car broke down, and between work and writing, he honestly didn't have the time for his current relationship, let alone sustaining an affair.

Seen as you had a day off from work, you spent every waking moment since he left this morning, cooking and rearranging the living area. You had moved the sofa out of the way, and borrowed a small dining table with two chairs from your parents to set up. A cheap table cloth was thrown over it to hide the paint from your mother's attempts at art, and you placed a candle in the middle but didn't light it until he walked through the door.

As if by clockwork, you opened the oven as Ezra opened the front door.

"Hello-" Ezra's words were cut off as he saw the sight before him- "what is going on?"

"Hi Love," you smiled. "I thought I'd make a romantic dinner for the two of us. We haven't spent too much time together recently, so I thought it'd be nice."

"Thanks," he stated still seeming slightly confused, but he closed the front door and went to approach you in the connected kitchen.

You gave him a warning look waving your oven mitt at the brunette man that was coming closer.

"Nope. Out of the kitchen. Light the candle and sit down. It's ready, I just need to dish it up," you frowned at him.

He raised his hands defensively, doing as he was told, which due to him being in a relationship with you for long enough he knew that was the smart option to just give in to your demands.

Quickly you dished up the food onto two plates before taking them over to the table where your partner is sat.

As soon as you sat down at the table, he smiled warmly at you reaching out his hand to take yours within his, holding it firmly.

"This looks lovely Y/N. Thank you. And I am so sorry about not being here due to work, but I shall be here more frequently and I promise that I will get on top of my work so that I can be with you more often," he said softly.

"It's fine. Your job is important; I am just glad to have some time with you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.