Zach Mitchell- Finally (h)

You and Zach had been friends for as long as you could remember, there wasn't a point in your life where you could remember not being friends with Zach and to be completely honest, you didn't not want to be friends with him.

Not having Zach in your life would be so incredibly strange. He was your rock, and always had been, he was there for you when other people couldn't be there, he never questioned the random or weird things you did when you were bored or hyper, he was just there.

For quite a long time, you had known that you had feelings for Zach, and it was that cliché situation of falling for the best friend and never telling them because of the fear of ruining the friendship.

You had no clue on what to do but you just went with whatever was happening and hoped for the best really.

Zach's house was basically your second home, so it only seemed fitting for you and Zach to have your weekly movie night in the living room that both of you had grown up in.

You were babysitting Gray at the same time, due to him not being old enough to be left at home by himself and it's not like either of you minded, Gray stayed quiet a lot of the time and only really came downstairs for food or for a drink.

Karen and Scott had gone out for dinner and were staying the night at some hotel in town, so that left you and Zach having the house to yourselves as Gray would go to bed far earlier than you two.

Zach had his arm around your shoulder, the two of you cuddled up to each other, and you were engrossed in the movie that was playing on the screen in front of you.

"Y/N/N?" Zach's words caused your attention to switch from the movie to him.

You looked up at him a little "Yeah?" you quizzed in response, wanting to know what was up.

He had a conflicted expression across his face "Promise you won't freak out after this" he commented with nervousness laced within his tone.

"Depends what you're gonna say" you joked as you giggled slightly, but you then cuddled up to Zach even more "I'm joking...I promise" you reassured him.

Zach let out a breath, but then took in another deep on "Have you ever thought...about...like...us?" he asked, taking quite a few pauses which you knew was due to nerves.

"Serious?" you asked, wanting to make sure that you had heard whatever he had said correctly.

You sat up from your place on Zach's chest, looking him in the eyes in the process.

"Yeah" you admitted as you breathed out "I have" you confessed which made Zach's eyes light up and a smile to make its way onto his face.

You couldn't help but smile back, his smile was infectious, "So what about it?" he asked with a small trace of a smirk replacing the earlier smile.

"Me and you?" you had a slight trace of confusion in your voice as you spoke.

Zach nodded and reached to intertwine his fingers with yours "Yeah" he stated, "Be my girlfriend?" he asked softly.

You nodded this time, causing an even larger smile on Zach's face but he then leant forward and pulled you into a kiss which the both of you smiled into.

What both of you didn't know was that Gray was standing at the door, his arms crossed and a smile on his face, "I was wondering when it'd finally happen"

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by