Ben Wheeler- Silence (h)

Baby Daddy One Shot

You enjoyed it out there, it wasn't unusual for Ben to come out and find you just leaning against the railing, letting your mind wander.

It was different, you liked that – it wasn't completely silent, it wasn't absolutely peaceful, it definitely wasn't crisp and clean.

It was something that not everyone had or enjoyed.

The apartment was pretty much empty that night – Riley and Danny had gone away on a little country retreat for the weekend, Tucker was staying with his girlfriend, and Emma was staying with Bonnie.

That left just you and Ben.

You were out on the fire escape, whilst Ben was asleep in bed.

Not having silence was a good thing, silence could always mean that things weren't going to go well, silence was just too fragile.

That's what you liked about the city. There was always something going on. Everyone and everything was always so busy, in some ways, that was more comforting.

"Baby? It's November. You're gonna freeze" you heard Ben say as he climbed through the window, and placed his leather jacket over your shoulders.

Ben wrapped his arms around you from behind, and you found yourself leaning back into his touch "I was fine" you stated.

Ben scoffed, resting his head on top of yours "Baby, you're in one of my t-shirts and some shorts – short shorts at that" he told you.

You rolled your eyes, even though he couldn't really see "And what are you dressed in mister?" you quizzed which caused Ben to laugh.

"All have you know; I am in a pair of joggers" he said sounding really proud of himself.

"No shirt?" you asked with a smile on your face, but Ben just kissed the back of your head without answering you.

The two of you stood there for a bit, enjoying each other's company even though it was quite a bitter cold.

"Baby?" Ben asked, so you just hummed in response "Do me a favour and put your hand in the left pocket of my jacket. I left something in there" he explained.

You did as you were asked, and pulled out a small black box "What's this?" you inquired, turning around in your boyfriend's arms.

Ben smiled sheepishly, taking the small black box from you and slowly getting down on one knee "Now, I'm not too good at this," he started off hesitantly "I don't want to mess up, and I've spent god knows how long practicing this speech in that damn mirror" his words caused you to laugh a little, "We've been dating for quite a while now. You're amazing with Emma, and she loves you to pieces, I don't know how I would've done this without you. Emma knows you're her Mum, she will never know anything less and I wouldn't want her to because you are already such a great Mum to her, just like I know you will be to any other children we may have" he explained with love in his eyes which made you just smile "And as for me, I never thought I could love anyone as much as I love you. Sure, we have our arguments, we have our bad days just like any other couple and half the time we are pissed at each other for basically yet no reason and the both of us are so damn stubborn that it takes my own brother to get us to talk" he reminded you which made you laugh again.

"Anyway, I feel like I should get to the point now, I have never wanted anything more than to spend my life with you. I can see us living out in a house, with kids running around, probably with Tucker, and just being us" his words caused your heart to swell, "So without further ado, Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, will you marry me?" he finished his speech with the all-important question.

You lifted your hand to your mouth, and tears started to fall, "Of course I will" you answered him.

A huge smile made its way onto Ben's face, and he placed the beautiful ring on your finger before rising to stand "I love you so much Baby" he breathed out before his lips met with yours.

"Wooo!" the two of you heard from the kitchen, so you two broke apart and turned around to see all of your family stood there.

Massive smiles on their faces, even little Emma knew what was going on.

Ben laughed and turned back to you, licking his lips slightly, "I might have asked them to come back in the hopes you'd say yes" he awkwardly and nervously told you.

"It's 3 A.M!" you exclaimed and he laughed again.

Instead of saying anything in response to you, Ben pulled you into a rather passionate kiss; much to the delight of your family, who kept the cheering up.

Silence was no more.

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Requested by