Charlotte Holmes- Beautiful (c)

A Study In Charlotte One Shot

It was still unclear as to why you had agreed to go on a blind date. Since James realised he didn't really have a chance with Charlotte, he was living vicariously through the both of you, in trying to push relationships. Charlotte didn't really have relationships, it was surprising that she even had friends, not that you were arguing with the matter. James and you had something in common, you had both been blindly in love with Charlotte Holmes.

Granted he'd dropped his attempts, not that he'd explain why, you were just happy being her friend and hiding how strongly you felt for the woman.

Being the only three British students at Sherringford, you had instantly connected, well she didn't have much choice, and James had befriended her because of their ancestors and kind of made you join in with them.

"So why are you setting me up James?" You frowned trying to adjust your dress so that you could breathe.

"Well I found someone whom you like, and I think they like you. Or at least they will. But they were willing to go on a date with you, not that anyone wouldn't be willing... I mean she also likes girls, and I think it could work. And if I can't be with the person I want to... then I want you to be happy," he smiled, stumbling over his words.

"Wait! So she knows who she's going on a date with, but you won't tell me," you huffed at your best friend.

He tried to smile impishly, but made the smart decision to take a step back before you clocked him.

"She was very insistent. And she is scary when she's angry. You're like an angry kitten, she is a sociopath," he shrugged.

Before you could continue to argue with him, a knock at the door made you snap your head towards the wooden object.

"I'll get it," he stated.

You flipped your hair over your shoulder, flattening your skirt, attempting to make yourself look as though you were comfortable in the horrific heels on your feet and that you didn't mind showing off your legs- that was very wrong.

James swung the door open to reveal the brunette that held your heart. Your shoulders instantly slumped, realising it wasn't your date just an untimely visit from a friend.

"Charlotte," you said slightly disheartened.

"Good evening Y/N," she smiled softly, barely even turning her lips up.

"What are you doing here?" You asked trying not to come across as rude.

The brunette girl furrowed her eyebrows at you before, giving the same expression to your male friend.

"Did Watson not tell you? I assumed by your outfit you were aware. He has arranged for us to go on a date," she said firmly.

"Oh... Charlotte. The sociopath that you had to tell who I was to, was Charlotte. That makes a lot of sense actually," you mumbled.

"So would you like to go Y/N? I am fine if you don't want to," she stated.

Your eyes widened as it all began to sink in. You were about to go on a date with Charlotte Holmes. The Holmes you had been interested in since you first met. The Holmes you happened to be one of the only friends of.

"Yes. Of course. Let's go. I'll speak to you later James," you smiled joining her in the doorway to leave, mouthing to James a thank you.

In silence the pair of you walked together. Charlotte paused for a moment, looking as though she was racking her brain.

"I am good at most things. Better than good really. But as you know my social skills are what Watson claims to be below par. I've not really been on a proper date really. Watson attempted to give me pointers of what to discuss as blood spatter analysis and different types of poison are supposedly not suitable conversation. However he did say I should complement your attire. I thought it'd be slightly redundant as you wear the same jumper and jeans most days as though you are a cartoon character that only owns one outfit. But you look beautiful in a different way. You are certainly beautiful in that old jumper, which we shall be removing from your wardrobe at some point, but you look lovely like this too," she said, still showing minimal expression on her face.

One thing you had learnt from being friends with her was that she never lied to be emotionally supportive. She was blunt with her opinions, so if she said that you were beautiful she really meant. Even if James told her to be nice and tell you that you looked nice, she wouldn't do it unless she meant it.

"Thank you," you said unable to stop your cheeks from becoming crimson, "you look very beautiful too."

And she did.

 ~*~

Written by Charlotte. 

I don't know if I posted this before but I cannot find it so yeah.