Ted Mosby - Allergic (h)

How I Met Your Mother One Shot

—– Ted's P.O.V —–

I had been dating Y/N for a little over two months, and it was going pretty well.

Usually my friends met my girlfriend within a week or two of me dating, however I kept Y/N to myself for a while because we were both finding our feet and liked the privacy.

I knew that they were all getting suspicious, because I had to cancel quite a few of our regular nights out and I wasn't around as much as I used to be.

Y/N was at my apartment with me, she had been staying for the past couple of days but I had suggested inviting my friends round that night to meet her and she had agreed.

She had started to panic about ten minutes ago, and everyone was going to arrive within the next five minutes.

"What if they don't like me? What if they think I am bad for you? What if-" Y/N rambled on, but I made her stop talking by kissing her.

We both sat down on the sofa, and I put my arm around her shoulder "Stop speculating everything will you?" I told her.

She looked up at me with a pout on her face "No I will not" she said, still with her pout, and I just laughed at her annoyance.

"Love, everything will be completely fine and they're all going to love you" I attempted to reassure her, and she sighed as she slowly started to calm down.

Just as she was calm again, there was a knock at the door. Y/N turned to me with a panicked look on her face, but I stood up, kissed her forehead and then opened the door to allow Lily, Marshall, Robin and Barney to come in.

Y/N stood up from the sofa, and Lily handed her a bouquet of what seemed to be daisies.

Y/N started sneezing and sniffling when she took the flowers from Lily, so I hurriedly went over to her and grabbed the flowers out of her hands.

Lily looked at me with a confused look on her face whilst I went to put the flowers in the kitchen "One second Lils" I quickly told her.

Y/N smiled at Lily apologetically, "I'm so sorry" Y/N apologised to Lily "I'm allergic to flowers" Y/N explained as I walked back to her side "But it is honestly the thought that counts, so thank you so much" she said as Lily's face dropped.

"I should be the one apologising; I didn't even think of that" Lily was frantic to get her apology out

I slipped my arm around Y/N's shoulder "Well this'll be a story for the kids" I joked, which made Y/N blush and everyone just laughed.

~*~

Written by Hannah.