Ruby Matthews- Secret: Part 2 (c)

Sex Education One Shot

You headed to the girl's bathroom and held your shirt out under the hand dryer whilst also dabbing it with a clump of toilet tissue to try and remove the drink that it had been doused in. Your eyes prickled as tears wanted to fall. Even if it was a secret relationship, you had thought that you and Ruby had been happy, but it hurt you terribly that she didn't even attempt to stand up for you when her friend was mean to you.

The door to the bathroom opened and you tried to keep your head down and keep at work without anyone paying attention to you.

"Y/N," you heard the voice you least expected to hear currently.

"I thought you didn't know who I was," you spat, still very bitter and pained from you last interaction.

"I'm sorry," she said softly.

You turned around to show her your tears that you had failed to contain, now freely falling down your cheeks.

"No, you're not," you frowned. "I can't keep hiding. I love you Ruby but I'm not happy being your secret. I know you don't want to be associate with a social pariah, but you can't expect me to be forever happy in the shadows."

She closed her eyes for a second to try and compose herself.

"I have worked so hard to become who I am, I can't let my social standing tank now. We've not got long until we are out of Moordale for good and then it won't matter."

"Exactly," you exclaimed, flailing your arms. "It won't matter. When are you going to start acting like you care? In a few months none of this will matter, so why should I be miserable?"

Ruby sighed. "You don't understand."

"No, Ruby, I don't understand. I don't understand how you can claim to love me but want me to feel this way, to let your friends be mean to me in front of you and not do a thing about it. I'm done. Either you figure out a way for us to be together without hiding or find someone who is happy to be your secret, because I'm not going to do it anymore."

She called out to you as you left the bathroom, going to head to class and hope that you would get the answer you wanted soon but preparing yourself for the heartbreak that was already starting to form inside of you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request