【❹】interlude

Start from the beginning

"let's just get this over with"

haine muttered before making way to the steel door and ringing the doorbell. 

"you're miss choi haine, right?" startled, haine found herself being taken away on her train of thoughts once she heard a masculine man's voice. the woman's eyes trailed on the man infront of her and was certainly dumbfounded of him.

"i—yes, i'm choi haine"

"i'm kim mingyu, the owner's trusted friend. you came here to get something, right?" the man spoke, his aura giving off a boyish vibe. the said man opened the thick steel gates of the manor and let the woman in. haine felt small in the eyes of the handsome young man—he had a piercing gaze and yet he was weirdly welcoming.

mingyu made haine conflicted, she didn't know if she could trust him even if he introduced himself as someone she could trust.

"please don't look at me like that, i don't eat people" the boy joked and haine was certainly embarrassed.

cheeks blazing red and averting her gaze, anywhere but the young man's eyes she struggled to keep her poise.

"i bet we're the same age so loosen up a bit, i'm a friend" haine nodded timidly as she continued to follow the man but, before she could even move her foot for another step, her eyes was greeted with a beautiful living room of the house.

if what she saw outside made her gasp then that was just the beginning.

mingyu saw the adorable reaction of the woman and it made him chuckle, "i heard that you were quite awkward with guys you just met but my friend you're just like that and i never tho—"

haine's eyes suddenly snapped on mingyu's and it startled him, "yoongi is such an ass, living in this spacious house all by himself is odd! tell me does that old man even have a love life?! tell me, what the fuck does that man even do with this big house?! like—"

"yoongi?" mingyu cut through the blabbering woman. the man was quite confused of haine, why was she speaking of yoongi when this manor doesn't even belong to the older?

"i—yeah. this is yoongi's, right?" the girl inquired, completely clueless and mingyu fought the urge to roll his eyes.

"don't tell the girl who's the owner of this freaking big house. she's choi haine, jeongguk's family member."

mingyu remembered the way yoongi's voice echoed in his ears – completely intimidating and frightening as it was tinged with venom.

"y—yeah, this is his" not. this extravagant penthouse doesn't belong to him at all.

mingyu's eyes trailed on the clueless girl and he noticed how beautiful she was. haine was undeniably gorgeous today, wearing a red strapless dress paired with a choker, a denim jacket hanging on her upper body made her look casual.