Malibu Barbies

The sun was shining high in the sky, which made my eyes widen. I wanted to put my sunglasses on but, unfortunately, I left them in my rucksack which was on the trunk of Pam's Car. The waves were raging tempestuously as the wind was clashing against the sea. The road view was kind of an spectacle too, even after we left Santa Monica behind. To my left, the rocky cliffs were filled with surfers of all kinds and ages, trying to tame the tide. On my right, there was a steep hill, filled with green bushes and fancy beach houses scattered along the slope.

'We're pretty close to arrive. Finally.' Pam sounded really annoyed and she didn't even bother to hide it.

'That flight was almost eternal. My feet are killing me.' Amanda was in the back seat with me. She was wearing some kind of funny panama hat and really shocking white sunglasses.

'Hope they're waiting for us with some cold water or something.' Lola was in the front seat with some sort of Japanese fan in one hand and her iPhone in the other. She had been taking selfies since we got into the car.

'You're pretty silent, Liam. Are you okay, honey?' Pamela asked, looking at me through the rear-view mirror.

'Hey! Yeah, of course I am. Look at this place. I can't even wait to go to the beach.'

'Yeah. I can't even wait to wear the new Desired bikinis!' The Queen was now smiling a bit. I knew that the idea of showing her off on the beach among hundred of teenagers made her feel good. 'I also brought some brand new swimsuits for you to try, Li.'

'Oh, thanks! You're a sweetheart.' I replied as she turned the wheel right and we started to ascend the hill in a narrow steep street. It was filled with mansions, villas and all kind of modern beach houses that almost took my breath away.

'How about that you have that hotties as your new neighbors and you have never told us about them?' Amanda pulled her glasses down to appreciate the sight. Five dreamy shirtless guys were playing catch on the front yard of one of the humongous residences. The boys were almost our age, maybe a few years older, and they seemed taken out from Men's Health magazine.

'They're sexy as fuck.' I said out loud without even thinking. I blushed instantly when I expelled those words. But they were all really handsome. I grinned as I thought I wasn't big deal to express how I feel about boys, psychically speaking. I wasn't shallow or anything but -hey- I'm a human after all.

'Oh, maybe I forgot. It's just Billy and his gang. And yeah... they are sort of cute. ' Pamela said to her friend and she pulled her window down, stopping the car in the middle of the street 'Hey William! What's up?'

I had never seen The Queen being so flirty before. She waved her hand in a silly way as the brunette boy stopped the game and started to run fast towards our car. It was so simple for her to be magnetic when, for some of us, it's really a challenge. I suddenly thought about me, about Mindy. Poor her. She was still coping with the Oliver issue. Luckily, she was a bit better yesterday, when I called her to say goodbye. Apparently, she was thinking of giving him a chance, but instead, she needed some more time to process things before taking a decision. For her, love was more than bodies connected. It was a manifesto of souls interlacing by the powerful force of feelings.

I shook my head and continued appreciating the flirting scene. In this dialectic, feelings had little to do. In fact, the contained wilderness of his look said it all. He was desiring her in the most psychical way possible and she was simply taking control of the situation. He wanted sex while she embodied power.

'So, are you bringing this two ladies as well this noon? We will be surfing nearby the pier.'

'Yeah, maybe we show up later. We have still to decide what to do. You know, so many plans and just a little time in California.' Pam said with a grin on her face. He was so captivated he barely noticed the clear hysteria in her response. Kudos to The Queen. She was the supreme boss regarding flirting.