Lost boy

'I am not quite sure where they are all going with this!' Helen yelled from the middle of her bedroom.

She was standing with her arms on her hips, looking puzzled. I was telling her all the details from last night, from Pamela's intervention to my date with Mark. Part of me was unsure about the matter as well. There were a lot of strange events happening and not much time to process the reality. However, I couldn't help but smile. I had a really good time last night, even though we hadn't even made out. Just lots of chatting, laughing and tender gestures, such as holding hands and some timid pecks on each others cheeks. We hadn't even came out of the SUV. The date was intimate but brief, due to the fact that he had to go downtown early the next morning. So Mark drop me off in one of the corners of my block, saying goodbye with such a warm hug  I wished it was eternal. We even exchanged phone numbers, which was a big deal for him.

'Hel, let's think about it... Maybe everything was just triggered by Liam's coming out. Which is definitely plausible.' Mindy was there as well. She was sitting on the desk chair with her legs crossed. She was wearing a really flattering fifties red dress with white dots all over the fabric.

'Maybe you have less to process, I guess. I'm just getting to know that the same Bull from school is flirting with our friend, Lizard... Thanks, Liam. I love when I'm the last to get to know the news.'

'Chill out, my friend! You're not the last... Mindy had just passed by the other day.' I lied just because I didn't want to enter into her hysterical game. 'Besides, you hadn't told us about The Pug neither...'

'What about Harold?' She blushed instantly, and Helen is not at all what you may call a timid girl.

'Now we call him by his name?' Mindy said intrigued.

''kay.' Helen sat next to me, with her head down and avoiding any kind of eye contact 'Harold and I are seeing each other since the same Prom Night. He was with Mark and I was taking care of some drunkie lizard...'

'I don't even remember that Harold was at the Prom. If Mark haven't told me he was there, I wouldn't have guessed he was in the party as well.' I admitted.

'Because you were wasted and complaining about everything!' Helen jabbered nervously.

'Okay. We get it. Liam was completely out of his mind and you were taking care of him. So Harold came and...' Mindy said peacefully.

'... and we started to chat. It was a small talk anyways. But he ended it up asking for my number and we texted each other since then.'

'So when you said in Robert's car you had a new slampiece...' I started to ask.

'Yeah Li. It's Harold. I haven't told you then just because I knew you will disapprove the relationship since day one.'

'I'm changing my opinion towards him. I think he might be a nice guy nowadays. Specially when he was with you during all the Thomas issue the other night. How do you feel about that?'

'I'm fine. Thomas is pretty far. The bruise is gone. Now, please, I don't want to talk about it anymore.' Helen was nervous 'And about Harold... We're just starting. Not big deal.'

'But when Pamela came to me and he was with her, you were really pissed about it.'

'Okay. Yes, I like him. I was mad just because I hate her and I knew she would say to him horrible things about me. Besides, for the record, they are cousins.'

'Relatives? Really?' Mindy was as surprised as I was.

'Indeed. I think their mothers are sisters or something like that.' Helen raised her head and finally looked at us when talking. 'Anyways, I was clearly wrong. Not only she gave us the opportunity to leave us alone but hadn't told anyone, Liam included, about what was happening between us.'

'Who would say it! Now Pam's your confident!' I laughed so loud because of the irony. Mindy joined me, giggling timidly.

'Shut up, moron! Now she's your BFF as well.' Helen punched me softly on my arm and then suddenly frowned  'Although Pamela is being nice to us, I simply don't trust her. She's surely up to something.'

'I can't see any strong reason yet to claim that she has an ulterior motive....' Mindy was being as eloquent as always.

'Mark.' I said instinctively 'Remember the poster thing? Well somehow it came to my mind that maybe, and just maybe, she isn't over him yet.'

'But does she know that Mark is... "trying out new experiences" in lack of a better term?'

'Yeah. I mean, it's not far-fetched at all. Maybe we have to keep an eye on her.' Helen was being sympathetic with my cause. Finally, once in a lifetime.

'And Liam... What about you and Mark?' Mindy changed the subject and stared directly at me.

'I really don't know. He's cool, handsome, sweet and surprisingly sensible. But...' I suddenly listened to Kelsea Ballerini's Peter Pan coming from the speakers. 'I think he's like the guy she is describing in her lyrics.'

'A Lost Boy.' Mindy couldn't help beaming when hearing any book reference 'I can see your point.'

'Totally. According to Harold, Mark is just a wanderer looking for his place in the world.' Helen added.

'How poetic coming from the Pug!' Mindy smiled to Helen, who grinned her back.

'Somehow... I feel like I have the duty to help him out. Not only for him, but for me. I mean, he's the first guy I ever dated and I think I really like him.' I was being extremely honest about the matter. Even though I hate to admit it, Mark was growing rapidly on me.

'Wrong!' Mindy and Helen yelled at the same time.

'What? I'm trying to be comprehensive with his situation.'

'Look, honey. I do know that your intentions are nothing but good. But be careful, it's his issue. Not yours.' Helen was getting serious 'You're no hero, Liam.'

'Hel's right.' Mindy was looking at me with tender eyes 'He has to carry his own weight. If not, you'll be double damaged if anything goes wrong.'

'I know but...' I was about to continue my sentence when my cellphone suddenly vibrated on my pocket. So took I it off to read the text out loud. It was Mark.

"Hey DDG. Tomorrow's noon. My place. Pool Party. Bring Helen, or even Robert if you want, but you HAVE TO COME. I'm looking forward to see you again."

'Drop Dead Gorgeous? I'm so amused!' Helen was laughing because of that phrase 'We are definitely going.'

'I'm not.' Mindy was kind of offended 'I was not invited.'

'C'mon Min. He just named a couple of friends of mine that he knows. I'd love if you come with us.' I meant every single word I said. Mindy needed to come out of her shell.

'No. I mean, not this time.' Mindy stood up and took all her stuff 'I have to go. It was so nice to see you two.'

'Mindy! Let's go to the party tomorrow! Pleeeeease.' Helen was wiggling in the middle of the room with her arms up. 'Don't be such a spoilsport.'

'I'm leaving. Sorry, I'm not so into parties as you are.' She headed the room entrance and suddenly stared at me. 'And Lizard... you are not his Tinkerbell or something. Don't try to save him. Let Mark find his own fairy dust.' And she left, waving her hand without even saying goodbye.

'She surely needs some fairy dust in her life! Weird-o!' Helen screamed angrily, shutting the bedroom door. I was still standing there, with the phone on my hand, trying to figure out what was going on with Mindy and the strange message she left to me before leaving.