Rebound

As the hours went by, I was feeling a bit relieved and less stressed than before. Even though she is harsh as hell, Mindy is actually a great confident and really efficient at comforting. A human pain killer. But I wondered how much time this bitter mixture of disappointment and sadness would remain deep in my chest. I had a real crush on Mark. He embodied everything I like from a guy or at lest I thought that. I didn't knew I cared too much about him, about our possible future together. Also, I was dreaming with that day in which we would be holding hands in the mall, kissing passionately on some empty cinema or even introducing him to my parents.

<<Pure bullshit>>

'So I think now you have to start this process...' Mindy stared at me in such a way I knew she was going to say something hurtful '... of leaving Mark behind and move on.'

'Do you really think so? I mean, you're the one who told me I had to wait for him to figure out about his feelings towards me and now you tell me to totally forget about him?'

'Look. I really do know I sound like a crazy person. But if you go on with this sort of relationship you have, you'll end up really harmed.'

'More than now? I dunno.'

'Welcome to the Teenage World, Liam. It's filled up with raw love, reckless decisions and loads of internal pain.'

'Being an openly gay teenager sucks then. Bring me back to the closet then.' I knew I was being skeptical and rude but Mindy didn't seem to be offended about it. She was trying to be sympathetic with me.

'You're so mistaken' her response was really smooth and calmed but really consistent at the same time 'You'll see. The problem here is exactly the opposite. We're here just because you have some sudden crush with someone who couldn't even face himself and accept his own sexual orientation.'

<<Touché>>

'Are you ready then to start putting yourself in the center of the scene and leave this dumb jock behind? There are plenty of nice guys out of there waiting for some love just like you.'

'Yeah. Maybe you're right. I'm kind of losing the axis right now.' And I really felt that way. Mark's decisions had made me forget about the sudden joy I felt when I finally told everyone I was gay and accepted myself in a way I haven't ever did.

'So... I was thinking. It's pretty early already and maybe we can go downtown together' she stood up and started to look into her wardrobe for something to wear.

'What do you have in mind?' The only idea of Mindy having a plan in mind gave me chills.

'We're heading a party.'

'Wh-what? I'm not in mood for partying right now.' Even though that was completely true, I wasn't really used to the idea of Mindy planning to go out at night to some rave.

'As your hear. You see, Theo is promoting this gay club, Vienna, and hand some two VIP passes if I ever wanted to go. I think this is the perfect time. You really need this distraction and maybe we can get you a rebound.' Theo was Mindy's hairdresser. He's bald, far too skinny, kind of sissy and really female looking. Not my type at all. But I really liked him in a friendly way. He must be the funniest guy I had ever seen and even though he loved to gossip, his stories were beyond this world hilarious.

'Wh-what? Rebound? Let me get this straight. Are you going out, at night - to a dance club - just to cheer me up?'

'Yeah. That's exactly what I'm doing.'

'You're an angel, Mindy. I don't deserve you.' I stood up and gave her a tight hug. I really loved her.

'Awwww, Lizzy' she said as we separated from each other 'In fact, it will help me out a bit too.'

'Are you sad as well? What's happening?'I replied in surprise.

'It's nothing. I don't want to talk about it.' Even though Mindy was such a great adviser, I barely knew anything about her romantic life. Helen thought it was simply because she tended to avoid to socialize with guys. But something inside of me always told me me that she's just really reserved with her intimacy.

'You know you can trust me, Minds.'

'I do, Liam. But please just let's go out and have fun tonight. We both need some distraction.' She then took a black short stretchy dress and a pair of dark leather platform heels. 'Just give me an hour or so to get ready. Go home, eat something and meet me at the Bus Stop at Hillworth Street at eight.'

''kay, boss' I answered to her command, rolling my eyes, and we waved quickly to each other as I left her house.

As soon as I get home, Dad was cooking home-made pizza and I couldn't even refuse to have supper with him and mom. I was really starving and I needed some casual chatty with my parents in order to forget what happened in that awful pool party. I also told them I was heading downtown with Mindy after dinner, and they said yes without even hesitating. To my luck, they loved her and knew that any plan she was up to was for sure a safe choice. What I hadn't mentioned is that we were heading some hipsterish gay club. Besides, I wasn't really sure myself if I wanted to go. I was kind of scared to face a crowd of club kids and seasoned men looking for some NSA fun. But I needed to have some fun and Mindy seemed to look forward to the same.

After I take a quick shower, I put on the shorts Helen had made for me days before and a plain white tanktop. That same day, I felt more comfortable with that look. Perhaps I was starting to embrace myself, or maybe, I was just giving a fuck. I met Mindy at the Bus Stop and we headed downtown along, sitting together in the back of the empty bus. She was really gorgeous. Her hair was tidily straight and with soft make up on her face.

'I think this is our stop' Mindy said as the coach entered to a trendy part of the city. As soon as we got off the bus , we were facing the entrance of some cool club with a really humongous pink neon sign with the word Vienna on it. 'Put the V.I.P. bracelet on so they don't ask for our ID's.'

'I'm scared. I've never tried to enter a club like this one.'

'Just act normally. We'll make it.' Mindy whispered as we walked towards the main door. As she said, as soon as we showed the bracelet to the bodyguard, he opened the gate to us immediately, without even saying a word. Once inside, we were in the middle of a crowded room, filled of flashing lights and cocktails. Some current cheesy pop music was playing loudly, making the huge amps to vibrate at the rhythm of the beats.

'I've to look for Theo. He's to lead us to the V.I.P. area so we can get something to drink. Are you staying here or coming with me?'

'I'm cool. You go. I wait for you just here.' I didn't wanted to go. I was actually petrified by all that glances fixed on me. It was like I was some kind of fresh meat or something and they were all the starving wolves.

'Fine. I'll be back in a minute.' Mindy said and left me standing there.

I could somehow felt how a blonde skinny guy was staring at me as I lean timidly on a rounded pillar which was close to me. I needed to avoid any contact. I wasn't ready to socialize yet. So I took my phone and I tried to look like I was sending messages, when in fact I hadn't got any signal in there.

'I'm sorry if I'm interrupting...' The same boy who was looking was now addressing to me. He was kind of cute and seemed to be a bit older than myself but not too much. He was wearing a leather jacket and black skinny jeans 'But... Could it be that your name is Liam?'

'Yeah... I'm Liam.' I responded shyly, completely in shock.

'I knew it. Do you remember me after all this years?' He was smiling broadly.

And then I realized.

'Dean?'

<<You got to be kidding me>>

A/N: Hello, my beloved Wattpaders. I'm sorry for my long absence but I was sort of lacking of inspiration and took some time to myself. I appreciate your patience and I wish you are enjoying the story so far. Thank your for your constant support. I will be uploading a chapter per week, so stay tuned.

Keep the awesomeness.

Quevedroid