G.B.F.

'Hey Liam! It seems time has played on your favor.' Pamela was almost as tall as me, with shocking green eyes that couldn't help scanning me from head to toe. Something in the way she talked resembled those bitchy popular gals of the movies. On the other hand, Harold was perplex with the situation of her addressing to me, but stood still behind the brunette as a bodyguard. Helen was also shocked with the scene, mostly because she dislikes girls like Pam.

'Hey... Pam!' My smile was wavering as I tried to talk despite my timidity 'So did to you!'

'Wasn't just time in my case, though. Diet, working out... You may figure.' It was clearly evident on the tone of her voice that she was boasting 'What on earth forced you to come to a house party? I barely have seen you since Mid School.'

'We came all together to celebrate' shouted Helen, in order not to get unnoticed.

'Oh! Hel, honey! I haven't even seen that you're around!'

She didn't even look at my friend while spilling the words. I could even detect certain phoniness in Pam's answer, which was making Helen evidently pissed. However, I knew deep inside of me that she was a rose with a thornless stern. She wouldn't even dare to confront The Queen, even less when we were surrounded by people who were in awe with Pamela.

'Harold, darling.' The Pug reacted immediately to her call, as a dog waiting to take orders. 'Why don't you join lovely Helen and go to get some good drinks? I heard Mark is hiding the quality booze in the same place as ever.'

'Yeah. I'd like some hootch to get the party started.' The Pug was still a scumbag. That hasn't even changed, not even a little.

'I'll stay with Liam. Thank you!' Helen exclaimed sharply.

'Why don't you go with him?' I whispered in my friend's ear. Maybe I was forcing things a bit and, as much as I hate her spending time with him, I was curious about Pamela's true intentions.

'Okay. Text me when you are done.' Helen murmured without taking the eyes off the brunette 'And be aware: she is a bitch.'

Then my friend put her palms onto Harold's muscled shoulders and follow him into the crowd until they got lost from view.

'Why don't you join me in the counter?' Pam asked so sweetly that almost scared me 'Do you want beer or even a bottled water? You see... I don't even dare to drink a single drop of alcohol because of my figure. It makes you fat as hell.'

'I'm fine. Thanks Pam.'

'Don't be so modest, silly. If you want some booze, you just have to ask for it.' She took her phone and made a brief call to someone in the house ordering champagne, not even paying attention to my answer.

'Done. Now let's have a seat, boo.'

As soon as we get next to the kitchen counter, Josh lifted her and sat her on the granite while I was struggling to do it without making a fool of myself. She acted as she was a kind of goddess or something, and everyone seemed to believe her character.

'Okay. When did you come out of the closet, Liam?' Pam inquired me going straight to the point.

'Wh-what?' I don't know who told you that but...' I was so shaken I couldn't even conceal to make an entire sentence.

'Yeah. As you hear.' She was so fascinated with the idea that her green eyes glowed in excitement. 'Nobody had to tell me anything. Actually, I've got a kind of gaydar.'

'Oh... well. The matter is pretty recent and I'm not quite sure I'm ready for the whole High School to find out.'

'Ha! Nonsense. There's nothing to be ashamed about.' Pam said at the time a hunky jock came to us with a cup of champagne in one hand and a glass of iced tea in the other. She took the drinks and hand me over the sparkling beverage.

'I'm not ashamed. I just have to get used to the whole thing.' I was getting nervous but somehow I didn't feel uncomfortable talking about my homosexuality with Pamela.

'Look. I'll help you out. Men, clothing, music, parties... they're all my specialties.'

'Oh... thanks, but my friends are...'

'We are going to be friends for now on, honey. You are sexy, cool, nice... a perfect match for Pam.' She was not taking a no for an answer.

'Okay, I guess. You are really sweet.'

'Oh! You do think so?' Pam hugged me so delicately I almost felt her arms around my neck and release me a second before.

'Yeah. We can wo...'

But then I suddenly stopped. Mark Tucson entered in the kitchen with a glass of beer in his hand. I knew he had been a bully back then, but he was almost dreamy nowadays. I've hadn't seen him since last year, when he was transferred to a private school downtown. Apparently Mark had been working out, due to the fact his white slim fit tee and navy blue skinny jeans left nothing to my imagination. I couldn't stop staring at him.

'Anything wrong?' Pam brought me back to reality.

'Nothing.' I lied 'I'm just a bit dizzy.'

'Oh, then I think it's time to make a toast all together.' Pam stood up on the counter and knocked her glass a couple times with her ring. 'Guys, your attention please. Let's make a big toast tonight... for Liam. My new G.B.F.'.

'For Liam' everybody shouted smiling as they raised their cups.

I was truly mystified with that situation that couldn't even process the whole thing and proceed to join the toast.

'Pam...' I asked her as soon as she sat down again 'Sorry about my ignorance, but... What does G.B.F. means?'

'Gay Best Friend, silly' she answered cheerfully as I turned red instantly. A second after, I could devise Mark leaving the room with a mocking smile on his face.

She'd made a spectacle of me in front of everyone, even before Mark.

<<I'm so screwed.>> I thought, as I drank all the champagne down in one shot.