The Queen

As Helen tugged my hand and led me through the crowd, I could feel a general glance towards me. Couldn't quite tell which was the reason of those eyes turning as we go by. I was shaken and it was clearly noticeable.   Sometimes, even my friend turned her head around to verify I was okay (or to check out some stud nearby us, I couldn't tell). It was like the ghost of my old self was still wandering my mind, telling me that they were judging me all the way down. I shook my head in displease due to that negative thoughts. I knew inside me somehow that I had to keep going no matter what.

We had just entered the kitchen when Helen suddenly stopped. She released my hand announcing that was leaving for a moment to get us something to drink. So I nodded dubiously and stood shyly in a corner of the room, watching the scenery. Some of the jocks from Robert's team were there playing beer-pong as a group of blondes were shrieking incomprehensible sounds around them. They all were acting flirty, trying to get as much attention as they could. The only girl of the bunch that caught my attention was a skinny gorgeous brunette who was sitting on the kitchen counter with eyes on her phone. Harold 'The Pug' was next to her, trying to talk to her but getting unnoticed. She seemed familiar to me, but I couldn't recall where I had seen her before. All sudden, the brunette noticed me staring at her and looked up contemptuously at my direction.

'I could only get us some Red Bull and Vodka. Booze is almost over. Damn.' Helen appeared by my side with two paper cups half-filled with a warm sparkly beverage and I lost eye contact with the other gal 'There is plenty of beer though, but you know how much I hate it.'

'Hel...' I took the drink and gave it a sip 'Who is that girl sitting on the counter? She sounds familiar to me...'

'How do you ever dare to forget Her Majesty, Queen Pamela Reed?' She murmured sarcastically.

'Really? I haven't seen her since Middle School. She was a weirdo back then.'

'She is super popular now. All this bunch of dummy plastics are her entourage.'

The blondies were shouting even louder when Josh Jackson, the quarterback, was about to make his first attempt with the ball. Pamela stood still as she didn't care, looking down on them all. The Pug's attempt to call her attention was clearly failing but it seemed like he wasn't willing to give up so easily.

'That's why she acts so arrogantly.'

'Why Harold is acting like a dog in heat with her? Asshole.' She sounded really upset.

'I don't even care about him.' And I didn't. He had always been an ass with me.

'I know, but...' Helen stopped and gulped all her drink 'Sorry, there aren't any many hotties around'.

'But he is a jerk.' I predicted her intentions and tried not to play along with her. 'What about Josh? He's pretty cute.'

I felt kind of weird talking this way about boys with Helen, and I thought she felt the same way. However, we both have to get used to the change, and we are surely up to that.

'He surely is cute... as a puppy. And his baby wiener too.' She laughed loudly.

'You are terrible!' I joined her laughter and drank another bit. 'This is even worse than my dog's piss. Warm and bitter.'

'We should find Robert to see if he can get us something better. Or at least decent. We have to be a little more tanked to join the rhythm of the party.'

'Sure. I'll follow you.' But when we were about to leave the kitchen, I could feel a soft tap on my back. As soon as I turned around, there was The Queen Pamela itself, with The Pug behind her and a half smile on her face.