The Underwear Project

I held my breath for a moment in order to hear his. We were there again, sitting in the log, on our own. No one could hear us but ourselves. It was really hard to process the situation but I tried my best to remain calm and not to sound desperate on the phone.

'How are things going?' Mark voice was hoarse, as if he had been sleeping for several hours.

'I'm fine' I said as I tried to figure out something to say to sound interesting 'About to leave home actually.'

'Oh! Cool then... Should I call later?'

'No!' My scream almost woke Griffy up who was sleeping pleasantly on the couch. So I made a pause and continued 'I mean... No. It's okay. How about you?'

'Mmmh. Things are great over here. Thinking about last night.'

'Oh... About that...'

'I think we have to talk... At least have a drink. I mean... to clear things up.' Mark said, almost as shy as I usually am.

'Okay. I'd love to.'

<< Fuck. I forget to avoid the L word. >>

'Awesome then. What about if I pick you up at your place in an hour?'

'Actually, I've a dinner to attend. But as soon as I finish up I'll be free.' If I'd learned something from Helen is that, when flirting, you haven't got to say yes immediately. Praise to her.

'At ten? I'll pick you up wherever you are if you want me to.'

<< He's so sweet and kind... >>

'I don't think you want to pick me up at Pam's.' I couldn't help find this situation funny.

'Pam's? What have I told you about her? She's a snake.' He was a bit annoyed because of hearing her name.

'Sorry but I've already accepted her invitation. I can't cancel half an hour before.'

'Fine...' I could hear a snort in the other side of the line 'You're making everything so much difficult to me.'

'It's not my intention, Mark. Really, I'd love to meet you again.'

<<Come on, Lizard! The L word again!>>

'I know. Believe me I know it's not your intention...' Mark made a pause and continued 'I'll pick you up at the Opper Gas Station at ten. You know... the one two blocks away from Pam's.'

'Yeah! I know where is it!' I lied not to complicate things up. I would search the location later on. Thanks, Saint Google.

'Great... See you there then?' Mark's voice was now filled with excitement.

'I'll be at Opper's at ten.'

'Awesome. See you then, Liam.'

'See you, Mark.'

A smile sprinkled across my face as I hung up the phone. Griffy was now awake, giving me a bewildered look from the living room as my happiness spread all over the house. Even Mom was curious. She was standing in the stairs with a book in her hands when I started to come back upstairs.

'Who was it? His voice was kind of familiar to me...' Mom inquired as I was about to reach the end of the stairs with her by my side.

'Mark... Remember Mark Tucson? The irreparable bully?' I said as I remembered once again my childhood with him. It was scaring. Now it's just bizarre.

'Ophelia's son! Yeah. How would I ever forgot the incident with the green paint?' She said between laughter 'Are you friends now?'

'I suppose so...' I answered not to give her much information yet.