1.3

Forgetting that he was coming through today, I panicked for but a quick moment before excitement kicked in. "Grandpa!" I said somewhat urgently and impatiently "Come on! Let's go see it!"

"Finish your root beer! It is hard to make ya know! But after your done I suppose we can..." He bellowed, laughing and enjoying his grandsons happiness. The highlight of his life, I suppose, was seeing me happy, and when I was sad so was he. I slurped down that glass full in but moments, not necessarily enjoying it as I usually did. The allure of seeing the prince pass by did bring some happiness to us all. The royal family were a symbol of pride to the kingdom.

"Holy crap! I didn't mean chug it!" He almost fell down laughing as I started to burp, but I got off the stool and started to almost waddle to the door, trying to conceal it from everyone else. Nervous and embarrassed, I would, probably explains what I was feeling the best. Not wanting to look stupid in front of others is perhaps a trait everyone shares. However with how I was walking, I truly believe people were just trying to be nice and not laugh, though Rowe and Grandpa weren't that considerate.

After walking for what seemed eternity -although in truth it was but a few moments- I walked out into the street where a small crowd was at, spread out into a long line and slowly filling up. At any moment the Prince would be here, along with the person he is courting, inside another carriage. After a small bit of time passed, I assume Grandpa said his goodbyes to the people he knew inside the bar, his hello's and nice to meet you's to the people he didn't know, and came out.

On the street, rounding the corner, was first a beautiful, white carriage, two dark colored steeps with gleaming eyes, no marks(from a whip, which shows its a hard to control horse) seen on its body, newly brushed by the looks of it. The carriage itself was completely new painted. A single, half circle viewing window, so others may see inside. In it was a beautiful girl, which no single person, male or female, could decline, inside wearing a nice white dress, matching the black-white theme of the carriage and illuminating her beauty even more. Over her face though, was covered by a film-like viel, so others could only see her eyes, but not the lower half of her face. This was not uncommon in our kingdom, but most chose not to follow this fashion.

Following close behind her was a similar like carriage, two dark horses, but instead of the carriage being white, it was black with white trimming. A more simple design by the look could be used to tell that it was only by the princes preference, where two square windows were on the side of it, still allowing the viewing of the prince, but not as showy. Inside a white clothed, short haired youth of around seventeen or so years of age, with short, brown hair sat inside. His eyes gleamed with pride, and by a single look it can be seen that he wanted such a showing like today. What do I mean by showing, you ask?

Surrounding his and her carriage had to be many, many guards, at least fifty and possibly more. By this alone you can tell how important this girl is to her. Each soldier seemed like an elite of sort, though this could not be proven, and only speculated by how the march went. They stayed in line, in tune, and every one of them was around 6 foot tall, 175-200 pounds a piece. All muscle, and all following perfectly in line. From this alone it can be seen they practiced many times, and from how the prince seemed to love the attention on him, and him alone, it can be seen how much he cares for himself above others.

As the carriage started to pass by us, a voice so beautiful, anyone in the world would have regretted not listening to, softly said "wait!" and at that moment, straight in front of us, the carriage came to a halt, and the door slowly opened...