Chapter 29: Is All But Death Awaits?

Dedicated to CaraWalkerSimonsen

Choking, gasping for but a tiny sliver of breath, hest raising to my head, I struggled against his might, using all I could in order to grab his arm in an attempt to pry it from my throat.

Powerless, I was but unable to stop him.

As I start to black out due to the lack of oxygen, I had to wonder - is death the only thing waiting for me? Will my story come to an end now? Just like that? All do to Frella taking away my powers? All due to my weakness and inability to survive?

Before I completely passed out, at the last possible second, a piercing blue dot came into view, except it was speeding up, to the point where it eventually hit and completely pierced through his right arm, solidly making a fist-sized hole appear.

"AHHHH!!" the man screamed before throwing me at least twenty meters away from him, into a tree.

Blood flowed outside of my mouth, spurt after spurt coming up. The throw had jarred my insides slightly, while the impact to the tree had completely thrashed my body to the point I was only able to barely sit up, and lean against the tree. Not able to move the slightest I was but a bystander.

The man slowly started to mumble something, however from going barely audible it became louder and louder.

"....I...I... will kill.... I will.... kill..... I will kill you... I will kill you... I WILL KILL you...I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU! ILL DO IT I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL KILL YOU!!!" The man screamed into the woods from where the arrow came out.

From what seemed to be nearly behind him again, but a measly minute difference from the first one came a second. This was connected with him again, however as he was ready, he was able to move his body to the point where he was ready to stop the arrow with his right arm. Sadly, for him, it was but too late, the first had done enough damage where it didn't matter. The arrow tore through his arm, and sped into the nearest tree. The now one-armed man, with a stub just passed his elbow, screamed in agony. However, as being a former ranger, he still could tell the situation was grim and thus he calmed himself down, before sprinting in the woods.

Moments passed, then a minute, then several minutes. Before a figure came into view. The body was thrown many meters, and finally crashed into the cabin.

Bite marks could be seen on the neck or the figure, a fist sized hole through the stomache, and a giant wooden stake pierced through the stomache... a most untimely death for the soul, or so I thought until I recognized the figure...

The figure, was Mia. She was dead.

The man came back into view, and the difference from before was night and day. As it turns out, he had kicked the figure into the cabin, but as a result, a saber had pierced through his neck, cutting off the majority of his head and killing him.

She had died to kill him!

She had just died for me!