Chapter 8: "So Ya See"

Future Kael-

So you see, a mere four years have passed since the start of me becoming a Rangers Descendant (remember, this is the same as Disciple or Pupil.) And as to why the time skip? Because nothing interesting really happened!! But I will explain and prescribe the events that happened during this time, don't you worry.

I have been on this... farm/plane area now for four years, and I have turned twelve (as of how my birthday falls). Master( Ranger Roman) makes me do what he likes to call 'fun little chores' starting at 3 AM. LET me go through my schedule with you...

3 AM -

I wake up, and go for a 'light mountain jog.' This is four miles of me hellishly sprinting through an area where many different animals and monsters lurk. Master says it's good for my body to get used to being on the run. I learned a new saying from Mira to answer him when he says that... "Good my ass, you crazy drunk"...

4 AM -

If I am still doing my 'light mountain jog' then Master punishes me by making me do even more extreme exercises.. however, if I finish, I am allowed to rest or practice Archery, flying daggers, etc on my own. And no, flying daggers do not fly on their own, you have to throw them extremely fast. During this period of time, it's called "Self-Practice"

5 AM-

Master teaches me basic writing skills... such as how to write down the alphabet, how to write simple numbers.

6:30-7 AM -

This is called a testing period, where he asks me grueling questions about what I learned today, and also 'reiterates' as he says, what I have learned before.

7-8 AM-

This is my favorite period of time, where I learn mostly about the History of rangers, and what being a Ranger truly means. (I can still get my revenge because sometimes killing Princes can benefit a nation if they are corrupted.)

8-9 AM-

This time period is where I practice my skills in different weapons with Master, sometimes this consists of me fighting him, sometimes him checking my form from the side, and other times I spar with the locals. The issue is no one tells me where the hell we are.

10 AM -1 PM -

I hate this part. In this, it's called "extreme hide and seek" where I am basically hunted down by monsters while avoiding death traps and danger areas. I never come close to not getting caught (sometimes I make it an hour, then we redo) but Mira can never find me when we do it. I think I'm getting better, as I have also gone into Danger Areas while hiding, and only once did Master praise me during this time. That was when I killed a beast sleeping and hid under it... apparently, I didn't hide my legs good enough and he cut them so bad I didn't run properly for a week.

1-3 PM -

this is where I do heavy swimming, extreme, extreme running with weights, hunting Master (I once shot his foot, he yelled and then shot mine with the bow... He may have held a grudge and thus why he cut my legs that once.) And I do what he called Geography, where I map out the surrounding areas by myself. I suck at drawing and Master once said my mountains look like bananas... but I'm improving.

3 PM- this is the time we eat a big meal Mira prepares. Don't think Master left her out, he gives her little tasks and challenges her cooking skills (guess who had to be the taste tester) and also tests her writing, reading, and lets her dabble in archery (I'm a better shot). She currently knows two languages and loves coming and listening to the History lectures.

4-6 PM - Master tells us a story and has us analyze it together, and find a solution to the story. Other times he has us do it individually and then compares what we came up with. Once, Master told us a story about how these soldiers were trapped in a pit, and Mira said they should work together to get out, and then start pulling the others up. My solution was work like ants, whoever get up gets up, the eventually help the base up. You don't know if enemies would be at the top or not. Master praised us both on that and told us the soldiers died of starvation, waiting so long to decide that they died.

6 PM-

This is free time.

7 PM-

This is the time where we set camps, bunkers, defenses, and practice building a small defense holds to survive in quickly. I'm pretty good at this, and Mira always gets frustrated and knocks down what she makes...

8 PM-

GO TO SLEEP

This is where I am to rest for tomorrow. Every day is harder than the last and I am expected to work harder than the last. At times I pass out from exhaustion, other times lay there for the entire night, unable to get much sleep from my mind thinking....sometimes it drifts into the past even though I shouldn't let it. Memories of grandpa will drift across and all it does is make my jaw sting and hurt from the pain of not crying.

Other times it is off killing the prince or of ways I could kill him I suppose. it always ends with him be dead and my revengeful path being completed.

As for why four years have passed, is because they passed with this exact schedule. Master says it's always good to be on time, although he is usually hungover and late to things.