Chapter 26: The Old Croon Is Missing(2)

Chapter Excerpt:

So now, you know a bit of the past...
Never in many years did Mia believe her father would lose to me in a verbal confrontation, and then a physical as well. Over the past two years, I have communicated many times with her father, never losing once, and we have grown to a... understanding of one another. While no more enmity between us as like before, where it could turn deadly, there is still a loathing I believe exists in his bones, one in which a total stranger could appear in front of his daughter as I have, and immediately have a much deeper connection to her than her own father has.
---------

Walking inside, the beautiful sight, which used to leave me stunned, has left me dull with no effect of grandiose, nor any kind of amazement left to me. Having been in these halls with only unpleasant memories, I have no more love for this kind of scene. While saying that, I must speak out, the number of guards who are usually inside, have astronomically increased from the norm. Be it every nook, cranny, or inch of the castle... it seems that there is a guard for but each part.

Arriving before the King in but minutes compared to the past, we showed great haste as Mia was wondering why her father would want to see her.

"Hello, Mia" he asounded

"Father" She stated with a slight bow.

Not calling him his majesty, or anything, I just stood there... he would have to recognize ME before I would be nice.

"I have a job for you, Mia. No, im not pissed about you leaving anymore... but we have a situation." He said, and went over the details with her.

After hesitating to answer her father, she finally agreed.

"Good! I will prepare a horse and four veterans to go with you!" He started to think about some of his own best.

"No need. Cam will be enough."

"WHAT?!" He stood up, angrily

"My condition."

"... thats fine then, but judging from how she almost limped in her, I would guess she is injured? Wait a day and have her rest on it, then go out.

"... Thats fine." She turned to leave

"Two are coming." He said.

Her face turned grim at this

"This is why those Vampires deserve to die. Hiding and drinking hunan blood while staying in the shadows. The same things that killed your sister." He said to her.

Mia turned around, looked him dead in the eye, and spoke to him in what had to be the coldest of voices "She isn't dead."

Mia sped away, arm on my hand.
"We need to go and beat those two from coming!" She said.

I knew. What happened was a Wicken killed her, and two froya were coming to kill it. I couldn't let this happen, and she understood my point.

1.36K views!!!! WOO!!!! :) #InspiredToWrite