Chapter Nine- Arrival of First Mission

3:45 AM-

Currently, after running for a while with my Greatsword strapped to my back, the pain rolling under my skin in a variety of places, my main thought wasn't even being tired, it was more or less how much I have improved.

One year into running, Master added lightweight to me. Jesus, that was hell to start.

Two years in, he took off the rocks and added two swords... that was worse.

Three years into running, he took off the swords and alternated between this greatsword and the two swords.

Now, he could run full-time with that on his back and only be slightly tired.

This was a huge improvement overall... not many could say in such a short time one would be able to do this. While I'm nowhere close to master in speed, I am able to tell that, when I take this off, I'm at least five times faster than before. I truly can move like a ghost would. Drifting from spot to spot without making a sound and being able to kill my target without them I knowing I was ever there.

Another huge improvement, which this is awkward, but the skull has changed... instead of being faint, it has started to appear more life-like, and now it's clear to make it out if you're five feet away from me, and not even looking for it. I asked Master about this, and he said once it became full, I can take on my first mission with him.

3:46 AM-

Guess what!

I am able to take on my first mission!

Future Kael:

Now let me explain missions a bit, as I don't think I have before. Missions are given a ranking, E-S, and of course, S is the hardest. Master said the highest ranking mission he ever took was a B-ranking twenty-some year ago. He said he would never forget how it required almost a hundred Rangers, and only twelve made it back. He said this was called the Mission Of The Damned, which you will soon learn more about.

Also, to the question of "When will we see vampires, wicked, monsters, Frayed, and werewolves?" Soon, it's not prevalent this early, but later on, I guarantee you, it will be.

--Future Kael Out

4:05 AM-

I go to find Master, even though this is supposed to be a training time, in order to let him know the good news but when I found him, before I was even able to say anything to him, I stopped myself in place, because I knew this was not the moment to tell him- something serious has happened... something to someone we know and love.

My heart fluttered and my mouth went dry. In my eyes all I could see was his head and the burning house and the horrid squeals of the animals being burned and slaughtered alive. The same fear that I felt once before when life was at its darkest and I had to watch grandpa be beheaded in front of me.

I snapped out of it and realized what was wrong as I sprinted off to find roman, although he probably already knew and f knew that meant there wasn't much time to stop what was about to unfurl before us.

Mira is in deep trouble.

She was walking around town alone, and the Prince happened to be passing through.

Guess who saw her?

You probably guessed the Prince,

and you would be right.

Guess who has her?

The Prince.

but... Master already knows of this, as in his hand is-