Flirting ex-boyfriend | Ross Barkley

"Are you ready for the match?" Paige asked, wrapping her arms around her boyfriend as they were standing in front of the changing room.

"I'm more than ready," He replied, quickly kissing her cheek. "Especially since we're playing against your ex-boyfriend."

"Don't do something stupid, Ross," She stated, but he just smirked down at her.

"We'll see," He said, placing his hand on Paige's cheek before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss to her lips.

"You're an idiot," She answered, hitting him playfully, but smiling nevertheless. "But I wish you good luck."

"Thanks," The footballer replied, running a hand through his hair. "I love you," He added, walking into the changing room again.

Paige shook her head with a smile before making her way to her seat, just in time to see the boys starting the warm up.

Fifteen minutes later, the game finally started; Everton was playing against Manchester United.

Paige saw her ex-boyfriend, Jesse Lingard, waving up at her, but she chose to ignore it and just rolled her eyes.

The first half was pretty boring as none of the teams had any good chances, but the second half started with a great chance for Everton, but sadly Ross couldn't shoot the ball into the net.

He looked up at his girlfriend and she quickly waved at him, making a smile form on his lips again. "You can do it," She whispered to herself.

But only a few minutes later, Jesse Lingard ran right past all of Everton's defenders and straight towards the goal. Without hesitation, he shot the ball into the top left corner, which made all of the away fans cheer loudly.

Paige sighed deeply and was absolutely shocked as she saw that Jesse pointed up at her before winking.

She held her breath in as she realized that Ross had noticed it, too and was running directly towards Jesse.

Without thinking about it twice, the Everton player pushed Jesse to the ground, cursing at him under his breath.

Paige quickly stood up to have a better look at the scene, but the referee had already separated the two football players, giving a yellow card to both of them.

She started to nervously run her hand through her hair, hoping that nothing else would happen.

Luckily, the game ended without anything else happening between the two and Paige quickly made her way down to the changing room.

"Ross, wait!" She said as he was about to enter it. "What was going on on the pitch?"

Ross took a deep breath before wrapping his arms around his girlfriend. "That idiot kept on annoying me," He mumbled, leaning down to press a quick kiss Paige's lips.

"So, you were jealous?" She questioned, smirking up at him.

"Maybe a bit," He admitted, pulling his girlfriend a little closer, making her chuckle slightly.

"But you don't need to," She replied, ruffling a hand through his hair. "I only love you."

"I'm glad," Ross stated, leaning down again. "I love you, too."

This one is for @Littlemissunnoticed
I really hope you like it🙌