Stay with me | Erik Durm

"Y/N, wait! Please don't go. We can figure something out. I promise I will do my best to make this relationship work. I'll do everything you want me to. Just stay with me please." Erik begs and I can see tears forming in his eyes. "Sometimes the best isn't good enough. Good bye, Erik." I state and with that I break his heart into a million of pieces as well as mine.

I quickly wipe the tears away that threatened to fall as I think of the last time I ever saw Erik in person. It's been 4 years, why do I still think of him? Why can't I just forget him? Our time together clearly showed that we weren't meant to be and still I can't move on from him.
I quickly brush some hair behind my ear and look up to see that the train is arriving at Dortmund Hauptbahnhof. I stand up from my seat, take my bag and walk to the exit of the train. I am finally back home in Dortmund after a visit in my old hometown, which is 5 hours away. As the train stops I quickly get out of it and walk out of the crowded train station only to walk into the pouring rain. Sadly, I didn't have enough money for a taxi anymore and I couldn't call any of my friends because my phone was dead. Signing, I start to walk the five kilometres to my apartment. Right as I think that the rain is about to stop, I hear a thunder and see a lightning a few seconds later. I slowly start to get scared and wanted to ask somebody if I could borrow their phone, but nobody is in sight. I start to run and suddenly bump into someone.
"I'm so sorry." I exclaim, but immediately get silent the moment I look into his eyes. Erik. We both stayed silent for a few moments, before he is able to speak again. "Y/N..." Erik just whispers and keeps his eyes linked with mine. "You have to go inside with me. The weather is dangerous." He says and graps my arm to guide me inside his flat, that was just a few meters away. Somehow, I just let him do it, instead of saying anything else. As I am able to progress everything correctly, we are already in his flat and I quickly pull my arm out of his grip. "I can't stay with you. I have to go." I say and quickly turn towards the exit. "No, Y/N, you can't go out there, the weather is too dangerous." He states and grabs my arm to stop me. I let out a loud sigh because I know that he is right. "Fine." I mumble and we walk into his living room. "Here, you need some other clothes or you'll get ill." He says as he hands me one of his Borussia Dortmund pullovers and points towards another room. "That's the bathroom."
I quickly change and go back to his living room to see that he also changed. "This situation is so embarrassing." I mumble as I sit down on the couch beside him, making him chuckle slightly. "You're right." After a short silence, he speaks again:"But it's good to see you. I missed you." "Really?" I ask, being completely shocked. Does that mean that he hasn't moved on, too? "Yes, I've been missing you ever since that day you left me all those years ago. You broke my heart." He says and looks at me with a sad smile. "Well, I broke mine, too." I say and see his eyes light up a bit. "Does that mean that you missed me, too?" He ask and I silently nod. "Then why did you leave me?" He says and looks directly into my eyes. I feel a few tears brimming in my eyes as I answer:"I was afraid. Afraid that we weren't meant to be together forever." Erik weakly smiles and softly brushed some hair behind my ear. "I still think that we belong together." He whispers and slowly leans in. I can't help myself, but lean in, too.
After I realized what I was doing, I quickly break the kiss. "I'm so sorry." I state and stand up from the couch. "Don't be sorry, love." Erik says and stands up, too. "I can go now. It's not raining anymore." I say and put on my jacket. "Please don't leave me alone again." Erik says and walks towards me. "I've missed you so incredibly much and now that you're here, I can't let you leave me again." "Our past proves that we aren't meant to be, Erik. Please don't make this any harder." I reply, but stay where I am because even if a part of me wants to go, my heart wants to stay. "Please believe me, Y/N, I love you and I know that you love me, too and that's all that matters. Our past doesn't matter anymore. The past is the past and we can have such a perfect future together." He says and a tear rolls down my cheek. "I love you." I whisper. He wraps his arms around me and softly presses his lips to mine. After we broke the kiss, he takes my hand and asks:"Will you stay with me please?"
And this time I didn't break his heart.

Thank you for reading. Please vote, comment and request (: